Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx....couple more questions

looks like we are going to start in Tahoe city....ride the bike trail to the WS....ride up to Watson then come back down via missing link. Then we will ride up into Alpine meadows to catch the trail to Paige Meadows and the TRT.

How easy is it to find the trailhead at Alpine Meadows? Any Hints?....do you know what it's called? When we get to Paige Meadows is it funner to go down the TRT to Tahoe City or go down the trail to Grannlibakken???

Thanx

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
bigboulder said:
looks like we are going to start in Tahoe city....ride the bike trail to the WS....ride up to Watson then come back down via missing link. Then we will ride up into Alpine meadows to catch the trail to Paige Meadows and the TRT.

How easy is it to find the trailhead at Alpine Meadows? Any Hints?....do you know what it's called? When we get to Paige Meadows is it funner to go down the TRT to Tahoe City or go down the trail to Grannlibakken???

Thanx
Hey Steve. Back in the summer of 94, I was working on a house right above the base of Grannlibakken off Bonanza Rd and rode Paige Meadows area about 3 nights a week. From what I've heard, the old Drunken Bear trail has been since closed off long ago to mtn biking. It was a real fun trail, and if you took it all the way past Paige Meadows, there was a trail that traversed across the top of the old Powder Bowl ski area to Alpine Meadows. As I remember, most of the streets on the left before Alpine Meadows had access to the trail you speak of. Can't recall where it ended, but it was basically somewhere before the Scott Chute chairlift. To answer your question as to which would be more fun to come down, its probably a toss up. I always passed the top of Grannlibakken and headed down the forest road to the end of Bonanza Rd. There are a lot of fun trails that splinter off around Paige Meadows and Drunken Bear, but would be pretty hard to give directions. Good memories and good trails.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.