Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
34,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This could be an awesome week of riding... if you go to the right place. Temps are nice and warm compared to last week!

What exactly are the conditions at your local trail? State the time and trails when you checked what out.

Kennedy Trail, Los Gatos - perfectly dry and tacky as of Dec 14

Jones Trail, Los Gatos - pretty dry as of Dec 15. Short singletrack is sticky and has a few puddles.

Waterdog, Belmont - pretty wet on the fire roads. Half the trails are muddy and sticky. A lot of the creeks at the bottom are running as of Dec. 16. It will take a couple days to dry off and it should be perfect by Sat, Sun.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Skeggs Tuesday afternoon (Dec 15th):

Blue Blossom - good, a handful of mud spots, small tree down that you can ride around through brush
Lower Spring Board - a bit wet
Crossover - good
fire roads - Timberview to Methuselah to Fir - good except muddy spots on Fir
Resolution - good, but some mud spots
ECdM from Resolution to North Leaf - wet & muddy in spots
North Leaf - good
Middle Leaf (first part of South) - good
South Leaf - slick in spots
Methuselah singletrack part - good, a bit soft from the creek up to the fireroad, fireroad fine to Manzanita
Manzanita - fair number of muddy spots especially at the top and bottom
Crosscut - good
fireroad - Gordon mill - good

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
two days ago, salmon falls had 5 or 6 trees down, requiring dismount.

granite bay was kinda muddy...for once!

I'm betting it's all good in a day or two!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
i hit ft. ord on tuesday and wednesday. the trails are great. the sandy spots have been packed down nicely. i didn't encounter any mud at all.

·
(slight return)
2,139 Posts
jeng said:
All the trails I've been riding lately have been in great condition. Sadly, I can't tell you about any of them. Flocking Ghey Area :(
Haha. We've got a full proof system for that in the north bay. Each trail is assigned a beer, on a rotating basis with a certain degree of encryption and randomness thrown in. Instead of posting about the ride, you post about the "beer" you drank afterwards, or the "beer" you're going to drink. Done correctly, no one, including yourself sometimes, knows wtf you're talking about. BTW, going to drink a couple beers with some of your crew tonight. Looking like IPA in a can. :thumbsup:

-slide

·
Mtbr Founder
34,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fremont Older is... dialed. It's in the best shape ever since there's smooth (non-horse rutted) line everywhere now. The Toyons are closed.

Note: On the Seven Springs climb, this big guy on a Blur passed me at the bottom. I was curious so I hung on to this man beast on my light singlespeed. We talked and it turns out to be a huge customer of mine, Rob Roskopp of Santa Cruz Bikes. We rode and talked for a while and it was awesome!

fc

·
Registered
436 Posts
anybody know if the long ridge trail at the gap is closed?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
hit up the UCONN trail and the fire roads today. some puddles of standing water...but not many. Lots of fun!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
happy holidays everyone! Thinking of hitting up lake chabot for a mellow yellow ride - does anyone know the conditions there? thanks much!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone have any beta on conditions at Demo? I know they got a lot of rain in the last deluge, but hoping to squeeze a ride in, last time we rode there a couple of weeks ago, the trails were in primo shape!

TIA

·
Registered
605 Posts
Francois, let us know how the Panaracers do, they look very nice!

I think STP is still closed so I'm looking for a new trail. Keep them coming!

·
Urban Ninja
2,381 Posts
wroob said:
Anyone have any beta on conditions at Demo? I know they got a lot of rain in the last deluge, but hoping to squeeze a ride in, last time we rode there a couple of weeks ago, the trails were in primo shape!

TIA
I'll post info, after my ride today...

1 - 20 of 108 Posts