Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
BelaySlave said:
Any report for Castle Rock/Table Rock and Rock Island? I'd like to maybe hit that tomorrow evening if it's rideable.
BelaySlave,

I was walking my dog on Castle Rock last night at about 7:00. Ground was just a little squishy, not solid, but not muddy, either. I was quite surprised as some parts get muddy really quickly.

HH

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Trail Conditions

Trail conditions are the same as they were last year with these same conditions.:prft: :p

Seriously though, things are squishy. The general rule of thumb from now until late March is that if hits below 28°F at night, and you can't hit it and get off it before 9am. Don't hit it at all. :eekster: :devil: R2R will have its hands full this coming riding season. Let's not pile anymore onto the plate.

I ate 3 lunches today. One mongolian, and 2 chinese. My potential to spackle is high.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Visicypher said:
Seriously though, things are squishy. The general rule of thumb from now until late March is that if hits below 28°F at night, and you can't hit it and get off it before 9am. Don't hit it at all. :eekster: :devil: R2R will have its hands full this coming riding season. Let's not pile anymore onto the plate.
We are starting our ride at 6pm...Weather.com says the temp is suppose to be 39 that time. Looks like we'll stick to a dirt road or maybe even the Greenbelt.

If I read of anyone riding tonight and saying "so-and-so trail was muddy and then this other trail was muddy".....grrrrr!!! Why is it OK for someone to do that?

I ate 3 lunches today. One mongolian, and 2 chinese. My potential to spackle is high.
There is a Mongolian place right across the street. The first month they were open I think I managed to pay off their montly lease since I ate there so much. But, boy oh boy do I have issues after eating lunch there!!!
:D

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
You ate your young and a crazy person????

The meaning of life...and spackle...is as close as Google search.

I actually have a 5 gal bucket of spackle. I have to keep a lid on it.

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,018 Posts
BelaySlave said:
You no longer live on the Mesa Geoff? Where'd you guys move to?
I have renounced all worldly possessions (excluding my bikes), broken all personal ties, become a Buddhist monk, and have relocated to a mountaintop in Tibet. The lifestyle seems to fit, given that I rarely wear underwear and I already shave my head. Those robes allow the junk to get a teeny bit cold in the winter, though.

Signed,
Earthmonk, the poster formerly known as Earthpig.

·
TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
2,982 Posts
Earthmonk. You simply *must* but a 128" plasma screen TV and hang it on the wall and invite your friends over to watch "That 70's Show" reruns. It's funner than having total consciousness when you die.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Keeping on track.

Geez, the post and threads degrade quickly around here! Can we at least try to put some MTB content in the posts??? And can we TRY to keep this thread about trail conditions.

If anyone knows of a dry trail...post it.

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,018 Posts
Hey Belay - Did you ride last night? Anything drying out? I gotta think with these many dry days we've had that something - ala the freeway, Hulls, Connector - has to be drying out.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We did a short ride last night starting from Fort Boise. We stayed on Mtn. Cove Road, but it really looked like Mtn. Cove Trail was not any good. Looking at the bottom of Ridgecrest, it looked really muddy. So we just rode up the road that goes up behind the shooting range (what is the name of that road anyways????). Some thin snow patches at the beginning but clear after that. LOTS of ruts that we got into though. Almost crashed a couple of times coming down. Sometimes you just don't know you are in a rut until you are actually in it and about to crash :eek:. Other than the ruts, the road was in pretty good shape. The start of Trail #5 looked OK, but ya' never know. The start of Shane's looked muddy.

Don't know bout the rest of you folks, but dang did it feel really cold last night. Uhhhh Nick maybe cuz you had your jacket open all the way coming down :rolleyes:.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.