Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, getting this last dumb storm out of the way. There could be some really good or really bad trail riding this weekend depending on where you go.

So let's get the scoop on actual trail conditions.

Honest reports and photos please. And don't venture out too early on the sloppy/sticky areas.

fc

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
granite bay was in pretty darn great shape tuesday afternoon, but then it rained a bunch more.

Saw a few park rangers out there with wheelbarrows and shovels, filling in problem spots and ruts. Awesome!

·
user
1,060 Posts
Lg

As of Tuesday morning:

Kennedy was (as usual) in fine shape on Tuesday morning.

Dogmeat was a little slick in spots and a little rougher than usual near the top.

Overgrown was in rough shape. Parts of the trail resembled riverbeds as much of the soil has been washed away, leaving the trail rutted and rocky... So in other words Overgrown was sweet! Once it gets some more traffic it will be even better. There was a large tree down near the bottom.

I assume these trails will be fine this weekend. I am more interested in getting out on some singletrack. Hoping to get to Skeggs Thursday or Friday and Demo on Saturday morning.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Anyone think some parts of Jaoquin Miller might be rideable by tomorrow afternoon. Only chance to ride this week.
I would venture to guess that it will be pretty sloppy for a few days - it rained pretty hard in the EB this morning and JM does not drain all that well, especially since it was probably already saturated from previous storm

·
Registered
723 Posts
Anyone think some parts of Jaoquin Miller might be rideable by tomorrow afternoon. Only chance to ride this week.
Haven't been up to check, but I'd agree that JMP, Redwood, and Chabot will all be really muddy for quite a while. Some of the steeper stuff higher up will improve more quickly, but the low lying areas will be bad. A few days of wind and sun will make a big difference, but major bike cleaning will be needed for sure.

·
Registered
95 Posts
JMP & Redwood Park

Give Mother Nature a chance to heal after the BIG storm. JMP needs some "Luvin" as in trail repair and drainage work. Give it a week, please!

·
Registered
21 Posts
China camp Tuesday still had trees down up top and was soupy on the lower part, rideable but not the normal fast fitness loop.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The sun is finally out. Let the healing begin. We probably won't get any wind so no blow dry factor.

fc

·
Life is strange
1,991 Posts
The little dirt single track next to the LGCT from Meridian to the perc ponds is Dialed! Too bad couldn't do a ride with like, hills....and stuff.

·
singletrack bound
3,028 Posts
Just got in from a ride here in Aptos.

still a little slick out there but each day it will improve a bunch!

looks like a lengthy dry period for primo riding conditions are upon us!

I got the Fort last Saturday just as the rain stopped. Should be sweet down there too!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Any update on China Camp?

Have the day off and was thinking of heading over to China Camp later today. Anyone have any update on conditions there? Or even a guess?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 123 Posts