Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, getting this last dumb storm out of the way. There could be some really good or really bad trail riding this weekend depending on where you go.

So let's get the scoop on actual trail conditions.

Honest reports and photos please. And don't venture out too early on the sloppy/sticky areas.

fc

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
granite bay was in pretty darn great shape tuesday afternoon, but then it rained a bunch more.

Saw a few park rangers out there with wheelbarrows and shovels, filling in problem spots and ruts. Awesome!

·
user
1,060 Posts
Lg

As of Tuesday morning:

Kennedy was (as usual) in fine shape on Tuesday morning.

Dogmeat was a little slick in spots and a little rougher than usual near the top.

Overgrown was in rough shape. Parts of the trail resembled riverbeds as much of the soil has been washed away, leaving the trail rutted and rocky... So in other words Overgrown was sweet! Once it gets some more traffic it will be even better. There was a large tree down near the bottom.

I assume these trails will be fine this weekend. I am more interested in getting out on some singletrack. Hoping to get to Skeggs Thursday or Friday and Demo on Saturday morning.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Anyone think some parts of Jaoquin Miller might be rideable by tomorrow afternoon. Only chance to ride this week.
I would venture to guess that it will be pretty sloppy for a few days - it rained pretty hard in the EB this morning and JM does not drain all that well, especially since it was probably already saturated from previous storm

·
Registered
727 Posts
Anyone think some parts of Jaoquin Miller might be rideable by tomorrow afternoon. Only chance to ride this week.
Haven't been up to check, but I'd agree that JMP, Redwood, and Chabot will all be really muddy for quite a while. Some of the steeper stuff higher up will improve more quickly, but the low lying areas will be bad. A few days of wind and sun will make a big difference, but major bike cleaning will be needed for sure.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.