Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
34,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It rained and inch or two over the weekend so conditions are going to develop over the week.

What is it actually like out there? Post reports and photos please.

fc

·
Mtbr Founder
34,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I rode St. Joes on Sunday afternoon. It was a little damp with puddles here and there but my bike did not even get dirty on the way to the top. I skipped the Manzanita singletrack.

It should be fine by Monday and the rest of the week.

fc

Attachments

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
i didn't see any snow on diablo after the clouds cleared off, thanks for the pic!

conditions will be fine on our elliptical, that's where i'll be tonight. probably off the dirt for a while, time to get the road bike out!

·
user
1,060 Posts
Dogmeat in LG was surprisingly messy just now. It was still raining on and off this morning in LG.

·
aka dan51
6,021 Posts
Santa Teresa was unrideable for us Sat AM before the rain. We got about 100 yards into it before packing it in. ST is done for a while IMO.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
ask said:
Dogmeat in LG was surprisingly messy just now. It was still raining on and off this morning in LG.
Which one is dogmeat? Overgrown/limekilm(the singletrack) or Priest Rock?

·
user
1,060 Posts
Loll said:
Which one is dogmeat? Overgrown/limekilm(the singletrack) or Priest Rock?
I think Dogmeat is Priest Rock on the maps. Overgrown and Kennedy were ok considering the amount of rain.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Perfect out at Fort Ord, except for one trail (01 trail, the southern one from the Creekside trailhead) which had a good section of very nasty walk-the-bike-since-it-will-jam-you-to-a-stop-anyway mud. Did various trails out to 44 from Creekside.

Clearing clouds:

My brother showing off the latest in bike fashion in Idaho, a bit of mud at the bottom kept us from trying this section of 42 (at least that was our excuse!):

44:

41:

·
MTB skillz = NADA
724 Posts
locoyokel said:
Perfect out at Fort Ord, except for one trail (01 trail, the southern one from the Creekside trailhead) which had a good section of very nasty walk-the-bike-since-it-will-jam-you-to-a-stop-anyway mud. Did various trails out to 44 from Creekside.

Clearing clouds:

My brother showing off the latest in bike fashion in Idaho, a bit of mud at the bottom kept us from trying this section of 42 (at least that was our excuse!):

44:

41:

Its raining in Monterey again....Ord is going to be awesome this weekend! Sandbegone!

·
Old,slow,still havin fun.
1,085 Posts
Think ECdM will be dried out enough to responsibly ride by Wednesday? Looks like the rain stopped Tues morning.

·
530 Posts
I strongly suggest anyone going up to Paradise Royale this week, call BLM for a report. We went up this past weekend and the trails were great (only a few areas with standing water) and the creek wasn't bad, however, there were some patches of snow and ice and it did snow the next day, so I'm not sure how much of that landed and stuck up on the trails.

Pics below of our group relaying bikes and people across Bear Creek and then some of us at the top of The Prince of Pain.

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
Salmon Falls Trail between storms

Rode SF on Monday in between the Sunday and Tuesday storms. Trails were in remarkably good condition with just a few wet spots. When I got near the end of the singletrack, the sun came out and then I had a pretty spectacular ride all the way back. Endless miles of singletrack all to myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
^I thought the same thing over the weekend, but after riding there today, it was fairly muddy for salmon falls. I actually had some mud related shifting problems. It should be good to go in a day or two though.

·
Registered
395 Posts
redmr2_man said:
^I thought the same thing over the weekend, but after riding there today, it was fairly muddy for salmon falls. I actually had some mud related shifting problems. It should be good to go in a day or two though.
Singlespeed, baby! :thumbsup:

Yeah, agreed re. trail conditions - it should be primo by Friday, but I might ride South Fork instead from Magnolia. Doesn't seem to get as much traffic as SF might.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts