Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mid-April... ...Trail Conditions - Red Devil Loop and/or #2 Canyon (Cashmere / Wenatchee) ?

Anyone know if these areas are ready to ride?

Also, Xanadu was reported as closed, but rumors of a re-route of the affected area so that it might re-open have been circulating. Anyone have recent info on this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rode #2 Canyon to Horse Lk Mtn, and down Sage last weekend. #2 is gated to vehicles until May 5th. Snow free, except for two very small patches on north facing areas, nothing to worry about. Overall, road and trails are in excellent shape. I would guess Red Devil is OK, but would expect snow at top of Devils Gulch.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Any updates on Devil's Gulch snow levels?
Talked to two riders yesterday that rode from the top. No mention of snow.

I rode the Red Devil/Red Hill loop. Never seen it so dry so early. Only a few damp spots and even fewer greasy areas (including one greasy trough that clogged my tires and dumped me and bike 6' below the trail). Lots of loose sand and moon dust.

·
I5Troll
1,343 Posts
Will do Shiggy. Gotta warn you... we are slooow! And may even try to shuttle (may have a rider down from a PA injury).

And yes indeed Matt. In the plans to stop by for a while -- what days and times? (don't see anything on the calendar yet).

·
builder
128 Posts
Saturday work party is posted, I was waiting to see what finished up last night. Will be working Monday off the calendar.
Will do Shiggy. Gotta warn you... we are slooow! And may even try to shuttle (may have a rider down from a PA injury).

And yes indeed Matt. In the plans to stop by for a while -- what days and times? (don't see anything on the calendar yet).

·
i'm schralping yer thread
1,180 Posts
I'm over that way this weekend as well -- Saturday morning is a trailwork session with Paul W on the new Echo Ridge stuff; but might be able to wrangle a pass for Sunday. Love to tag along on DG, if that's OK Mike...

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts

I may be able to help cut your shuttle time and get in a better ride for me. LMK if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
dirt pirate, Bike Doc and I rode upper Mission Ridge trail tonight.
Some snow and mud on the road up from the upper Devils Gulch trailhead.
Occasional snow packs, muddy spots, and blowdown on the trail. Motos have been on it, looked like we were 1st mtb tracks. Still fun.
Devils Gulch back to the top was fine. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400826834.218455.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400826847.109787.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400826859.250292.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400826873.032743.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400826885.344866.jpg

·
builder
128 Posts
Awesome ride last night, I love that loop for an after work ride. Like Shiggy said, we had snow patches, blowdown, mud, and dust....everything that makes a great mountain ride. Oh, I forgot the climbs....I need more bike time and less excavator time.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Awesome ride last night, I love that loop for an after work ride. Like Shiggy said, we had snow patches, blowdown, mud, and dust....everything that makes a great mountain ride. Oh, I forgot the climbs....I need more bike time and less excavator time.
There were climbs? I did not notice ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts