Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Delirious Tuck
Joined
·
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mianus River Park - Wednesday (Mar 16th) - Mianus is sloppy and sensitive, stay away. Needs another week or two after today's rains to dry out. Some folks might be saying "upper trails are dry", unfortunately that's about 10% of the trail there so the other 90% is still highly damage prone right now.

Word is that Blue Mt. in Peekskill NY's upper trails were ok, that has like 80% of "upper trails". Might be worth checking out if you climb up and in right out of the upper parking lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
I rode River Highlands in Cromwell, CT today and found it to be very dry. It would be a good place to ride right now if you live nearby. In fact there's going to be a group ride there tomorrow at 12:30.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
East Coast conditions, Rocky Neck

I rode some local trails today, Raven Woods to Giants Neck Heights then to Rocky Neck. I rode them the last three weekends and what a huge difference in conditions!! Two weeks ago still had a lot of ice and snow, ground was frozen, last weekend still some ice, some puddling in valleys and low lying areas but ground was still frozen, today all the snow and ice are gone, the areas that normally stay wet for a while were dry and the ground firm!! Beautiful day to get out too.

I took pictures but didn't download them yet. Tomorrow I will be out again with a friend so maybe get some action shots.

Hope the rest of spring is like this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
Iko said:
Trumbull is in solid shape even along the river. Just the usual wet spots for this time of year. The serengetti is (obviously) a swamp right now.
hey! That's me! Welcome to the forum, Steve!

ps... I was super sore after that ride. Kelly was like, "sore? I'll show you sore!" She's doing pretty well considering running 50 miles yesterday.:thumbsup:
 

·
Delirious Tuck
Joined
·
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What the heck happened to the spring???

Ugh... We had a half inch of snow that's turning to melt with rain at this end of the state. Expect Mianus to be off limits until we've had a good 3 days of dry and/or go early in morning with the freeze.
 

·
Delirious Tuck
Joined
·
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mianus is good. Couple spots here and there, but I ask you just ride through the middle and not around, please. Its easier for us to fix the tread, than it is to narrow a trail, besides keeping the single track single is fun!
 
1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Top