Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Trail conditions Kronan/Magnolia/SFART?

662 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  zon
Be down there for a few days next week visiting the grandbaby an was thinking about bringing the bike. Conditions OK?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Hey Zon - December was record setting precipitation wise here -- snowiest December on record since 1970 or something like that (can't remember the exact stat) and the precipitation in the foothills and valley followed suit. So for the second half of December, the trails were completely waterlogged.

Things have dried out a little bit, but today is all rain again.

Depending on when you arrive, the trails will have dried out....some...but by all means won't be perfect. There will be mud and stream crossings for sure, mixed with bits of perfection lol.

I'll be staying off the MTB and trails this weekend for sure, then take it day by day next week as reports comes in.

Also just FYI, the underwater bridge is now back underwater (for route planning purposes).
Hey Zon - December was record setting precipitation wise here -- snowiest December on record since 1970 or something like that (can't remember the exact stat) and the precipitation in the foothills and valley followed suit. So for the second half of December, the trails were completely waterlogged.

Things have dried out a little bit, but today is all rain again.

Depending on when you arrive, the trails will have dried out....some...but by all means won't be perfect. There will be mud and stream crossings for sure, mixed with bits of perfection lol.

I'll be staying off the MTB and trails this weekend for sure, then take it day by day next week as reports comes in.

Also just FYI, the underwater bridge is now back underwater (for route planning purposes).
Thanks Ron for the 411. I'll probably bring the bike just in case.

Reactions: 1
Thanks Ron for the 411. I'll probably bring the bike just in case.
I just looked at the forecast...after today, it should be drying out. So yah, bring the bike!
Good idea to skip the weekend. KCRA did a story this morning about Cronan Ranch/SFRT and the old movie cabin. Once gain advertising outings to a large population without adequate parking available, brings back memories of the Super Bloom fiasco last year.
Reactions: 3
Conditions out there were perfect on Tuesday. Little to no mud/water on the trail. Awesome time brought back lots of memories on a great trail network.
Riding the Ranch, memories with friends | Ride | Strava
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.