Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm jonesing for a ride and the trails just get worse and worse here in New Jersey. I'm looking for a spot halfway between the Jersey shore and Raleigh, NC to meet my nephew for a ride. There appear to be a couple of spots between Fredericksburg, Va and DC that look good, but I wonder what the conditons are.

Any info would be appreciated.

Endo

·
Still chuggin' along
859 Posts
Check out this site for some decent info. http://www.more-mtb.org/ I believe the Frederick (MD) area got some snow last night and we're expecting snow tonight. Everything local is pretty much an ice rink right now but its still fun :) Did you have any specific trails in mind? Maybe we can give some better info. if you mention specific places that you're interested in.

Cheers,
Kristina

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How are Patapsco or Fair Hill County parks?

My nephew said he'd be willing to drive that far north to meet up. I was looking at Hollywood Farms in Fredericksburg, Va as a possible middleground. Any info on those trails?

Thanks

·
Still chuggin' along
859 Posts
I don't know about Patapsco other that what is mentioned in the trail reports board of MORE but based on the weather we've been having, the ground is most likely pretty solid and rideable right now. I always hear good things about that place so its probably worth a trip.
I think Hollywood Farms is private property and the last I heard was that its verrrrrrry muddy (and that was back in early summer when there was a race) but the mud is probably frozen now so there are going to be lots of ruts.

Another good alternative is Poor Farm park in Ashland that's about 10 -15 mins. from I-95. Lots of trails there to keep you occupied most of the day but it might be farther south that you want to go. Probably a half hour beyond Hollywood Farms.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the site. I've always wanted MORE, and now I have it. That site is just what I was looking for.
Thanks again,
Endo

·
Still chuggin' along
859 Posts
You're welcome! :) I hope you enjoy your ride, where ever you end up going!

·
Emu's Taste Like Chicken
157 Posts
Another good one, directly off 95 is on Quantico Marine Base. It's around exit 145?? Trail head is no more than 5-10 minutes off the road. If interested I'll try and dig up the number or site to check if the base is allowing people on.

Hollywood/Lodi has been really iffy on when the trails are open. Would suck to make the detour and be shot down. Would also 2nd the vote for Poor Farm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts