Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the snow to melt and the ground to firm up, take this "between season" time to go out an HIKE your favorite trail and check for and remove debris, blow-downs, etc. It's also a good time to see where the soggy areas are and come up with possible solutions to drainage problems/issues before the brush grows in. Also, anywhere there are stream crossings, check to make sure the waterway is open downstream and not dammed up with sticks and leaves so you're crossing the least amount of water possible.

I'm as anxious to get out and ride as anybody, but there's not much worse than zipping down your favorite downhill only to find a tree across it halfway down. Just sayin'

Personally, I'm working on Upper Earth in Mt.Top. Already had to saw out a few small trees and one big one and that was in only about a half mile.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Good point Kraz....

.....slowly but surely working the Middle Earth and Lower Earth sections in MT....i notice others are doing the same....when things dry out it will be alot more fun....thanks....Trail Maintenance On!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Great post Mike! Def a great idea.. Now I have something to do today! Just got done with an urban assulalt ride through Kingston. Had some steaks and veggies now I'm off to the moon to do some cleaning. Not to mention how much of a mess the trails get when we ride them soft.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.