Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to drive from Charlotte to Warrior Creek to preride it for the race next Saturday but it looks like they might have received about 2 inches of snow. If that doesn't open up, how are DuPont or Bent Creek looking? The weather channel said only a little snow, but I'd rather get the scoop from someone there. Thanks!

·
Pisgah-Pale-Alien
666 Posts
I rode Clawhammer, Black and Thrift Cove yesterday. It blew snow while I was up there but nothing stuck and trails were fine. Can't speak for BC or DSRF but I'd imagine they're the same.

·
Fence guru
740 Posts
The wilke trails have turned into charlotte pussies. I was in Wilkes yesterday and while it snowed it all melted 1 second after it stopped. Hopefully it will be open for you

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
DuPont should be fine. We had snow yesterday AM, but all melted by afternoon. Not enough moisture to worry about wet trails.

·
Rogue Exterminator
4,951 Posts
Yup, DuPont should be fine. Wasn't much at all here and most of DuPont dries fast.
Maybe a little freeze thaw so possibly avoid Reasonover but Woody could probably confirm that. If you ride any of the granite (Cedar Rock, Big Rock, Micaja and a few other spots) early in the morning, just keep an eye out for ice because temps are supposed to be in the 20's tonight.

I may be heading to Bent Creek tonight. If so, I will let you know if there is anything to know.

·
Rogue Exterminator
4,951 Posts
Yup, just got back. There were a few slick spots but over all it is good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts