Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
top of noble = big laguna. if BL is muddy, chances are that Noble is too.

don't go tearing up the trails in that area. LOTS of riding in the Santa Anas and elsewhere that doesn't have mud. We rode 32 miles today in the Santa Anas and saw maybe one small puddle.

G

·
there is lots of stuff down near SD that can be ridden when the high country has snow/mud. Daley Ranch, Sycamore Canyon, Penasquitos Canyon, are all very close and should be perfect. Cuyamaca should be good(even if it IS muddy, you can tear up those trails and i wouldn't yell, i don't care for Cuyamaca at all :) ), and it is closer to SD than Noble. if you don't mind driving north a bit, hit up San Juan Trail, Chiquito and Viejo Tie, Los Pinos, Trabuco Canyon, Holy Jim, and many more in the Santa Anas. in temecula there is Vail Lake, but it probably isn't worth a drive up there when you could hit Daley Ranch instead.

there is lots of stuff out there. geoladders.com can help finding a trail.

· 29er Hater
181 Posts
Please stay off of the Big Laguna Trail, upper Noble and Indian Creek after rainfall, especially the BLT. The BLT does not drain well and can stay muddy a long time, all those tire tracks, hoof and foot prints lead to excessive erosion problems, and look like crap!. So, give your bike a break and keep it out of the mud!

Trail work on lower Noble Canyon Trail Saturday, January 20 at 8 am.

[email protected]

San Diego Mountain Biking Association
Education Trail Maintenance Land Access
www.sdmba.com

· Registered
489 Posts
mechmann_mtb said:
Cuyamaca should be good(even if it IS muddy, you can tear up those trails and i wouldn't yell, i don't care for Cuyamaca at all .
Are you saying just because you don't like to ride a particular place it's OK to fock it up, I am assuming you were just joking.

· Well Biked
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info Mechmann. Is there much worth riding left at Cuyamaca? I'm not much into graded dirt roads, and the middle peak loop looks like a bunch or eroded boulders now.

Lower Noble was in good shape. I am glad I avoided the upper. I head it was pretty muddy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.