Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
My cup runneth over
Joined
·
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sneaked in a late short afternoon ride on GM/Zorro/DR (Tuesday). I rode from Coyote Gulch park up through the Alameda tunnel and went west on the GM south trail. Rode up Zorro - DR - back along DR and home:

Can't speak for all of GM but the couple of miles on the lower south trail were fine. No dismounts necessary. A couple of unavoidable puddles but no mud.

Zorro - one short portage close to the bottom (short enough to jump) otherwise fine.

DR A few puddles/wet spots - the first set of stairs after Zorro which tend to be wet were damp and not bad at all.

Didn't have time to hit MW but judging by everything else, I would expect some puddles and streams but no mud(?).

Enjoy.
 

·
Perpetually single track
Joined
·
3,175 Posts
Danka on the update. You are a scholar and a gentleman.

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
May the rains fall soft upon your fields.

Blah blah blah.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,381 Posts
What the HE*#

Are you praying for rain?

I'm not sure what that wonderful poem you just recited for all of us just meant?

By the way, are you guys gonna sneak in a ride this Thursday?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
938 Posts
Paul K?

ibmkidIII said:
Danka on the update. You are a scholar and a gentleman.

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
May the rains fall soft upon your fields.

Blah blah blah.....
It's freaking driving me nuts. Who sings that song?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
I think it's an Irish saying. I have visuals of Nalen's and/or The Celtic after reading it.....

Hmmm....9 o'clock in the morning and I'm already thinking of beer...perhaps I have a problem... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
ibmkidIII

ibmkidIII said:
Danka on the update. You are a scholar and a gentleman.

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
May the rains fall soft upon your fields.

Blah blah blah.....
Okay man, 3rd time is a charm...GM tonight? Anyone else? 6ish?
 

·
Tribe Member
Joined
·
873 Posts
I will be there but much earlier

Cole said:
Okay man, 3rd time is a charm...GM tonight? Anyone else? 6ish?

Cole, where are you meeting at? I will already be there...should be on the bike by 4ish...might catch up.

Please let me know

thanks

Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Gm 5/4

yetirich said:
Cole, where are you meeting at? I will already be there...should be on the bike by 4ish...might catch up.

Please let me know

thanks

Rich
The big Alameda lot. I am going to ride there but could maybe be there before six. I will be on a Bianchi SASS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Why 4? If you went later I would ride further if your trying to get miles in, otherwise anything works!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,056 Posts
Irish stuff...

Fat Elvis said:
It's freaking driving me nuts. Who sings that song?
Yeah, my wife and I got all kinds of pseudo Irish crap with that saying plastered all over it for our wedding! Like embroidered on mini pillows and etched into little statues and crap. I have no idea why some people latch onto their heritage like that. Everyone in my immediate family is as much Irish as we are German and Welsh and Czech and all kinds of other stuff. But goshdarnit, we're Irish and we're gonna get you a bunch of Irish stuff for your wedding! Oh, and you better root for Notre Dame even though none of us went to school there!

Sorry, just another random rant. It's a nice saying. Just was amused at all the kitsch that we got. I think it's all boxed up somewhere in the basement. Catholic guilt has kept us from tossing it! S
 

·
Perpetually single track
Joined
·
3,175 Posts
Tentative, depends on work, but I THINK I can swing that. 6pm, Alameda lot, I'll do my best to make it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Gm 5/4

ibmkidIII said:
Tentative, depends on work, but I THINK I can swing that. 6pm, Alameda lot, I'll do my best to make it.
Sweet man, I am going to ride there so I'll see ya then if you can make it. Anyone else interested...you know the plan!
 

·
Tribe Member
Joined
·
873 Posts
Cole,
I get off work at 3.00pm and have to drive home that way anyway. Might run some errands and get coffee before getting there....Just need to get in some miles before going back over to Fruita this weekend. My mountain bike is calling my name and it with all the bad weahter, training has been sporadic....trying to get ready for Firecracker 50 and Larime Enduro.....

must ride off road....must ride off road.....must ride off road
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Gm 5/4

yetirich said:
Cole,
I get off work at 3.00pm and have to drive home that way anyway. Might run some errands and get coffee before getting there....Just need to get in some miles before going back over to Fruita this weekend. My mountain bike is calling my name and it with all the bad weahter, training has been sporadic....trying to get ready for Firecracker 50 and Larime Enduro.....

must ride off road....must ride off road.....must ride off road
Rich,
I am training for similar events, well hopefully we'll see you tonight. Specialized still?
Cole
 

·
Perpetually single track
Joined
·
3,175 Posts
If I show I'll likely be on my beater SS, all black and stealthy like.


Kirk
 

·
Perpetually single track
Joined
·
3,175 Posts
Cole, nice freaking ride. And nice demo on how to ride an SS. I need more lessons like that. As we get some more daylight we can try to put some longer rides together.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Second that, nice freakin' ride!

ibmkidIII said:
Cole, nice freaking ride. And nice demo on how to ride an SS. I need more lessons like that. As we get some more daylight we can try to put some longer rides together.
Kirk,
Your too kind, you did just as well man! Yes, as we get more light we need to hook-up some longer rides for sure. Have a great trip out to the desert this weekend.
Cole
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top