Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kennedy/Sierra Azul/etc.:

PERFECT this morning. Ancient rascal, a few others (sorry guys, my memory sucks at retaining peoples' names) and I decided to do a proper Sierra Azul ride. Ancient rascal and I of course opted to do it singlespeed. He had a 32x19 combination on his super-light Lynskey, I used a 32x20 combination (with a 24"x3" rear tire) on my heavy-ass bike. Lots of pain and suffering, but the hero dirt for sure was in effect today.

Here is a little Strava overview of the ride (from my perspective-ancient rascal probably did an additional 1,200+ footies since he rode back to the Kennedy trailhead, whereas I rode back through Quicksilver):

·
Registered
87 Posts
The trails in Auburn (near the confluence) were nice and damp in the morning, but started to get dusty again toward the afternoon. At least we got a couple days of "hero" dirt after the rain.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Rode WIlder and thereabouts today. Great conditions. The new trail coming down Long Meadow is going to be very nice once things settle down. A good day, aside from my rear derailleur breaking right in from of Ideal Bar and Grill near the wharf. Lots of lookie-loos as I converted the full suspension to a single speed.

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Silly of me, I forgot to mention the HERO DIRT HERO award of the day on that Sierra Azul ride went to ancient rascal, as he made it up Barlow from the bottom (at Woods) to the top (gates at Umunhum Road) ZERO-DABS!!! :thumbsup::eek::band: Did I mention he was riding a 32x19 single speed?!?!?!? He is a badass.

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Kennedy/Sierra Azul/etc.:

PERFECT this morning. Ancient rascal, a few others (sorry guys, my memory sucks at retaining peoples' names) and I decided to do a proper Sierra Azul ride. Ancient rascal and I of course opted to do it singlespeed. He had a 32x19 combination on his super-light Lynskey, I used a 32x20 combination (with a 24"x3" rear tire) on my heavy-ass bike. Lots of pain and suffering, but the hero dirt for sure was in effect today.

Here is a little Strava overview of the ride (from my perspective-ancient rascal probably did an additional 1,200+ footies since he rode back to the Kennedy trailhead, whereas I rode back through Quicksilver):

I respect your masochism but shouldn't a "trail" conditions thread involve actual trails, not dirt roads? You crazy basterds are aware you can ride these bikes on something other than 20% grade dirt freeways, right?

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I respect your masochism but shouldn't a "trail" conditions thread involve actual trails, not dirt roads? You crazy basterds are aware you can ride these bikes on something other than 20% grade dirt freeways, right?
Yep. Just wanted to get some masochistic vertical footies in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.