Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sofa King We Todd Did
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a universal system for marking trail difficulty like there are with ski trails? If there isn't, what are generally the 'accepted norms'?

Cheers.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Some places mimic the ski area colors---green for beginner, blue for intermediate and black diamond for advanced (and MBAction is a proponent of the black diamond designation for bikes, too). I rarely see any trail marked this way outside of a ski area in the summer, tho.
There's other ways to figure out difficulty of a given trail, like using the mtbr trail reviews or ride area forums.

·
255 Posts
A park near me marks some trails with ski-type markings (green circle, blue square, black diamond) and some with difficulty markers (which have a picture and say easy, moderate, or most difficult). I think the markers tend to describe the technical difficulty of the trail, as opposed to the aerobic difficulty.

·
Sofa King We Todd Did
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guess the trail I frequent has its own system. No greens, looks to me like the blue trails are the easiest (that's the one I take), and there are hot pink trails and yellow/white trails.

Good grief.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.