Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately we have to close trails due to the fact that they are really wet and are degrading really fast (to the point of unrecoverable), so the land manager has closed the tracks (of which i 100% support), a little bit unsuccessfully, I am trying to come up with a sign that shows WHY people should ride there (it is temporary) apart from the fine!

Does anyone have any examples of educational "trail closed" sign? i am struggling....

·
Registered
419 Posts
signs

The primary sign should be very simple. "Trail Closed" this sign should have the park name or logo. They are the ones officially closing the trail.

Then you can put a info sign up near by. Explain that the park closed the trail due to rider damage. That your organization will be organizing work days to reopen the trail as soon as possible. How they can volunteer to reopen the trail.

Signs alone often are not enough. It will take effort from volunteer and even rangers to get the message through. If I can get the rangers to stop by, even once or twice, then you can play the good cop role. You can warn them the rangers are looking for poachers and they you are working to get the trail reopened.

·
saddlemeat
3,873 Posts
Lock the gate. (If you don't have a gate install one.) Put the sign in the center of the gate. Aim the surveillance camera at the gate. Install a security guard if funds permit, they are cheaper than a trail crew.

Sign: "Trail Closed Due To Wet Conditions Until Further Notice" and big official logo. Small print with penalties for non-compliance. If there are no legal penalties appeal to their sense of civility in the small print.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So we have bunting, and the official land managers "trail closed" signs up (with threats of fines)

But i/my club was approached by the land manager to do some Educational trail signs, and for the life of me i can't do one i am happy with!! (i just want to write.. STAY OUT @#$%ERS!!!)

·
Terrain Sculptor
4,692 Posts
ando_assi said:
But i/my club was approached by the land manager to do some Educational trail signs, and for the life of me i can't do one i am happy with!! (i just want to write.. STAY OUT @#$%ERS!!!)
:thumbsup: We all do.

This was in a thread just a few days ago. I thought it was well done

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.