Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Something like a brach that looks like it would stick into someones spokes, I'll move. If a downed tree has a brach that looks like it could impale someone, I'll try to get rid of that. If it's otherwise just a rideable log across the trail, I might stack up a few small logs on each side to make a safe roller out of it. If it's small enough for me to bunnyhop over, then I'll probably just do that, and keep going. I'll let the person who can't hop over it, move it.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
40,957 Posts
Depends, do I have my saw?

Reactions: dysfunction

·
All fat, all the time.
11,120 Posts
If I can move it or break it off I will. If it's larger and it's been there for a week, I'll usually drag the chainsaw out and remove it. (Assuming no fire danger, which this year meant trail clearing in the spring and that's it)

The really annoying ones are branches that whack you in the face, so you know it hits every rider, but nobody will stop to remove it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
205 Posts
If I have my Silky Big Boy - oh Yeah. Fallen trees 6-12 dbh are gone in 5-15 minutes. Brushing with samurai-like swipes attacking finger-limbs on the pull stroke. It's a wonderous tool.
If no saw, I try to move stuff to improve safety. Most of my bike and riding decisions revolve around safety. I have more fun when safe. I want the trails to be safe for others. Do I also want new brakes, burly tires and bigger suspension to improve safety as I drop into scary cliff-like rock rubble with a wide grin?? YES!

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
24,864 Posts
Rule #1 : Never alter the trails. Its actually a municipal code and the violation can result in fines.
Yes, dude, you are on the crack.

Many years ago I was on a ride with a buddy. He was in the lead with me close behind- he hit a small branch of manzanita, causing it to whip back into my face, puncturing a nostril.. I had a stick poking out from my nose, that could have been an eye. Screw you and your righteousness.

·
All fat, all the time.
11,120 Posts
Rule #1 : Never alter the trails. Its actually a municipal code and the violation can result in fines.
What city do you live in?

Clearing downfall is not altering trails. Nobody is talking about moving rocks or making cheater lines.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes, dude, you are on the crack.

Many years ago I was on a ride with a buddy. He was in the lead with me close behind- he hit a small branch of manzanita, causing it to whip back into my face, puncturing a nostril.. I had a stick poking out from my nose, that could have been an eye. Screw you and your righteousness.
lol i was talking about removing rocks roots etc, not clearing over grown branches etc. 🐬🥩

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.