1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Injury at Walker June 9th
Injury at Ceran St Vrain June 9
Death at Heil June 13

Now last night at Heil another serious crash requiring rescue.

Mountain biker rescued after Heil Ranch crash

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2008/jun/26/mountain-biker-rescued-after-heil-ranch-crash/

"Emergency workers rescued a 22-year-old mountain biker who crashed and injured his hip on the Wapiti Trail on Heil Valley Ranch Open Space around 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.

The man, who wasn't identified, injured his right hip, right knee and right elbow in the crash, according to the Boulder County Sheriff's Office.

Crews from Rocky Mountain Rescue Group, Left Hand Fire Department and Pridemark Paramedics helped rescue the cyclist and transport him to Boulder Community Hospital, where he ws treated for his injuries."

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
mtnboi68 said:
...not to mention some new protective gear to protect my aging body.

A hiker search and rescue card is also available for something like $3, if one is not into fishing at all. Sure beats paying thousands for having your ass hauled out by S&R. :thumbsup:

I guess that's not totally true. https://dola.colorado.gov/dlg/fa/sar/sar_purchase.html
Wooo.. I'm getting one of these instead! Thanx man! :thumbsup:

WHOA, NICE: 5 year card for $12! I'm there!

·
Your retarded
3,085 Posts
Pau11y said:
I think your = and - need to switch places :D
This is what he really meant:
if (thisPerson == 'bike') {
thisPerson.WillFall = true;
}

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sooner518 said:
I saw a red ribbon tied to a tree branch last week at Ceran St Vrain. Was this why? What happenned?
Don't know where the guy fell but my guess is at the little ledge with the big drop if you screw up the move. Is this where the ribbon is tied? He fell down about 60 feet.

·
Your retarded
3,085 Posts
liqwid said:
I believe that would work better as a method call :):

if (thisPerson.activity == activities.biking) {
thisPerson.fall();
}
Excellent. I like it. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
Moustache rider said:
Mountain biking is dangerous. It really should be banned.
Which activity has more chances of becoming injured (or catching a STD), riding someone's moustache or riding a bike? :p

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
teleken said:
Totally depending on number of occurances:

Moustache rides=seldom. Riding a bike=often
Personally, I would agree with your statement. Hell, at my going rate, I think I can reclaim my virginity! However, given the whole of Denver, I think Moustache rides occure more often than bike rides by many folds (no pun)

·
Registered
334 Posts
lidarman said:
Injury at Walker June 9th
Injury at Ceran St Vrain June 9
Death at Heil June 13

Now last night at Heil another serious crash requiring rescue.
Yeah it sucks I had an injury at Heil on the 7th of June that required stitches in my right knee. Took the stitches out 5 days later and back on the bike in 6 days. No time for injuries :D

Ride Hard! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.