Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea if bike manufacturers still make frames with two water bottle mounts? I'm not really seeing any. It's about time for a new bike, most likely in the 120/130 trail range, and this is a big plus for me.

Ultimately, not a total deal breaker if I find a terrific riding bike, but being able to get two cages would be nice. I know there are some after market add-on cages that might be the route if I hit a dead end. Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,561 Posts
Fezzari Signal Peak has room for two full size bottle in the frame and one mount on the bottom of the downtube, so three total.

Great XC bike, nice all mountain if you keep things tame, ie under three feet.

·
Co Springs
2,414 Posts
Marin Pine mtn and pine one as rigid or h/t come as three. Inside/outside of downtube and seat post. I think Surly has fork mounts.
Putting a cage on where no braze on exists is pretty easy too and I at times, use the forks as a mounting place.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
I want to put extra bottles on my bikes too. How tall are you? I ask because some manufacturers put two cages on the larger sizes, but it's impossible on smaller frames. There's just not enough room.
This guide to alternatives is pretty helpful:
https://bikepacking.com/index/add-cage-mounts-bike/

Another option: use the cage on your bike for the bottle you're drinking, carry the second in a frame bag or whatever you can fit on your bike. When the first bottle is empty, stop and swap it for the extra bottle you are carrying.

Also look into the Back Bottle. I carry one some days and it fits very nicely in a jersey pocket.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tips! Some of those bikes were not on my radar.
3 mounts on the Fezzari is amazing.

Mack_turtle, I'm 6'2 and have always ridden xl frames, so there is usually a good amount of space in the front triangle. Although some of the newer trail bikes, like the Ibis Ripley, eat up that space with the rear shock and mount.
Anyway, thanks for the bikepacking link and ideas! If I end up with a single mount bike, this offers a lot of great options.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.