Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be in the Phoenix area tomorrow (Thurs) through Monday. Hoping to get some trail time in while I am in town. Can anyone recommend a shop that I can rent a nice bike and trails that I should consider? I will be staying in Queen Creek, but willing to travel.

love technical trails, but would be happy with fast and flowy too... i have a few 50-100 mile races coming up soon and need to train, so climbing is welcome.

Thanks...tripp

·
Downhill Spokesmodel
543 Posts
Check out Cactus Bike at 48th and Elliott. Good rentals and right next to South Mountain.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
if you don't mind a 30 minute drive or so, cactus bike at 48th st and elliot has both of your request covered. full rentals and pedaling distance to south mountain. plenty of tech, miles and climbing. see the sticky up top for the trail deets, national trail is where you'll want to start and the guys at the shop can take it from there.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
[QUOTE='size]if you don't mind a 30 minute drive or so, cactus bike at 48th st and elliot has both of your request covered. full rentals and pedaling distance to south mountain. plenty of tech, miles and climbing. see the sticky up top for the trail deets, national trail is where you'll want to start and the guys at the shop can take it from there.[/QUOTE]

What they said. You can leave your vehicle at Cactus and be on the Desert Classic trail in 5 minutes. They have a pretty good supply of rental bikes.

·
I think I need to Upgrade
1,620 Posts
I hate to be a Kill Joy, but if it is raining and with the weather reports it is almost 100% that it will be I wouldn't reccomend riding untill this storm passes. With how much rain we are supposed to get and the way that the ground out here makes rivers out of washes it could/will be very dangerous!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the info... i will check the suggested shop if this weather ever breaks!!?!? how long (if at all) do you typically need to wait after a rain to ride the trails without damaging them?

·
Downhill Spokesmodel
543 Posts
tm29er said:
thanks for the info... i will check the suggested shop if this weather ever breaks!!?!? how long (if at all) do you typically need to wait after a rain to ride the trails without damaging them?
At So Mo you can ride almost immediately after the rains. The soil drains well and it becomes super tacky. Most of the trails are rocky and don't really get muddy or hold water.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts