Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
old skool
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be in Oregon the first week of May and was wanting some trail suggestions. I will be at a family camp out on the Trask River (near the fish hatchery) I grew up in Banks and have family in Tillamook so I know the area. I was hoping someone new some single track along the Trask River somewhere. Preferably something I can ride to from the hatchery.....
Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
393 Posts
I am going to be in Oregon the first week of May and was wanting some trail suggestions. I will be at a family camp out on the Trask River (near the fish hatchery) I grew up in Banks and have family in Tillamook so I know the area. I was hoping someone new some single track along the Trask River somewhere. Preferably something I can ride to from the hatchery.....
Thanks in advance...

Gales Cr, Wilson River Trail, Story Burn and Tillamook Forest will all keep you busy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hello there General Sherman, I actually ride motorcycles out of trask area so I know where you are talking about. You could ride some of the OHV trails around the Hatchery but I would not have much fun on them, they will have ruts, steep climbs and possibly OHV users. You could do a gravel road climb over Kansas Creak Rd which would put you out on Highway 6 toward the west end of the Wilson river trail, but unless you know the area I would not recommend it. I would recommend just driving over to the west end of the Wilson river trail on Highway 6. The West end of the Wilson river trail starts at Jones Creak Campground which you should have no problem finding if you look it up on a map of the area. LMK if you have any questions, I know the area pretty well from riding motorcycles and MT bikes out there...

·
old skool
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello there General Sherman, I actually ride motorcycles out of trask area so I know where you are talking about. You could ride some of the OHV trails around the Hatchery but I would not have much fun on them, they will have ruts, steep climbs and possibly OHV users. You could do a gravel road climb over Kansas Creak Rd which would put you out on Highway 6 toward the west end of the Wilson river trail, but unless you know the area I would not recommend it. I would recommend just driving over to the west end of the Wilson river trail on Highway 6. The West end of the Wilson river trail starts at Jones Creak Campground which you should have no problem finding if you look it up on a map of the area. LMK if you have any questions, I know the area pretty well from riding motorcycles and MT bikes out there...
Thanks,

I am very familiar with the area. Started driving over kansas creek 20 years back......I too have road dirtbikes and quads all through the area since i was a kid. Spent the best part of my child hood hunting those mountains between the Nestucca and Wilson rivers. I was hoping for something to put the paces to my Pivot Firebird. Many years ago, I used to go up every year to visit my parents who live on the Trask. I would ride up the roads and venture off onto game trials wherever I could find them (which is every where if you know the area.) Some of the best riding/exploring I ever did. I was hoping there might be more established trailes there now. I imagine riding those game trails now a days is frowned upon.

Bringing the bike either way....maybe I'll have my dad haul me up to Boundry and roll the fireroads back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts