Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Maryland and needed to know some good trails to ride once i get my bike. I looked in the forum and saw nothing. Must not be too many riders on this site from MD.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
UNITH said:
From Maryland and needed to know some good trails to ride once i get my bike. I looked in the forum and saw nothing. Must not be too many riders on this site from MD.
Where in MD. It is a big state and a general location would help. Also, the trail listings have tons of stuff for MD.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The SS-metro area. Mainly DC area.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Tons of great mtb in MD

Do you have a car? If so, you have TONS of options. If not, you still have lost of options, but will need to depend some on Metro.

First, pick up Mountain Biking the Washington, D.C./Baltimore Area, 4th: An Atlas of Northern Virginia, Maryland, and D.C.'s Greatest Off-Road Bicycle Rides by Adams and Fernandez. This gives driving directions, but also Metro directions to some rides.

Second, visit www.more-mtb.org. They are your local mtb club, and do the mtb trail building and maintenance in the area. They also run group rides, so you can meet some other riders.
Within probably 30 min-45 min drive of Silver Spring:

And just to name a few places to ride...

Easier and closer stuff:
Cedarville State Park--east/ south east of DC
Black Hills State Park-- out I-270
Seneca Creek State Park--Germantown, out I-270
Cabin John Regional Park--Potomac/Bethesda area, out Democracy Blvd
Rosaryville State Park--out route 50 from DC
Hoyles Mill--new trail connecting Black Hills State Park to Schaeffer Farms built by MORE.

Intermediate:
Shaeffer Farms--Germantown

Harder:
Avalon/Patapsco State Park--near BWI
Gambrill State Park--Frederick
Frederick Watershed--Frederick

There is also some great riding in VA, relatively close in to DC
Wakefield/Accotink
Fountainhead

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.