Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone knows if this trail is at all rideable or would be mostly hike-a-bike up to the water tower area. It appears to be rideable after that point all the way to Rampart Reservoir and connecting trails.

Thanks, Greg

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have been wondering the same thing. I tried to reach that road coming off of woodman from the southwest and going through the horse pastures. I found some cool single track but was stooped at one of the roads by a large gate with a NO TRESPASING sign.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Going down 713 (West Monument Creek) is a walk in a few sections - going up would be pretty hardcore and a fair amount of carrying the bike. If you don't mind hiking with the bike on your shoulder, and fairly steep, for perhaps 30 min, you'll be alright. It hits the road above the water system finally, and that is steep as all get out too, and scree/granite. Once you head North towards the Stanley Road, it gets a bit less intense.

I'd suggest riding down it first and make the decision if you want to go up. For comparison it is easier to go up Hell Creek, Barr Trail, Capn' Jacks, etc. Have fun!

jon

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for the input. I guess I need to stop being a sissy and check it out for myself.

It's maybe only a 4 mile ride from my house to the 713/Falcon Trail intersection so I've been tempted to check it out- Just needed a little motivation.

My only snag is that I have VERY bad feet and ankles due to a moto wreck so hike-a-bike takes its toll pretty quick. I actually ride better than walk and thats not saying much because I don't ride so well to begin with.

Again thanks for the info. I may have to check out Stanley Canyon as well.

Thanks

·
Inflexable...
1,901 Posts
Riding up either Stanley Canyon or the 713 is just pure lunacy! You will not be riding much. Stanley is easier, but still not conducive to riding up. If you really like carrying your bike try the next trail north that leads to Eagle Peak...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.