Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Freezer
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was told by an AZ Pivot dealer that the Mach 5.5 is now discontinued. I guess selling mine last week was prescient! Seems like a 29er version of the Mach 5.5 would be the next offering and would combine the Switchblade and M5.5 in the new design look, and would slot exactly between the Trail 429 and the Firebird 29. And the last three Pivot releases were all 29ers. Throw us a bone John P!

·
Freezer
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Introducing the Mach 5.5 with the Mach 6 in the line-up seemed odd. Ditching the 5.5 for a revamped 5.5/Switchblade and updating the Mach 6 would make sense.
Yeah... I wonder if the 27.5 bikes are done. The last three new Yetis were all 29ers as well.

·
change is good
Switchblade with a 38, 29+ rigid WaltWorks
3,932 Posts
Chris Cocalis has always said the 5.5 is his favorite bike in the Pivot line up

He might not want to change it - Or possibly make it 27.5 and 29er capable?
I thought I saw s video that the current spec Switchblade is his favorite ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
Shimano, Fox
537 Posts
I find it hard to believe the M5.5 model is being discontinued so soon in its life. Chris has said in interviews that he prefers the 27.5 wheel size for what that's worth. Maybe his tastes have changed as 29ers continue to get better and better.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I thought I saw s video that the current spec Switchblade is his favorite ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
There was a video when the Trail 429 was released and they asked him then, and he said Mach 5.5

But I guess when you have all the bikes in the Pivot line up available to ride, it would be hard to pick your all time favorite

·
Paterfamilias
787 Posts
Was told by an AZ Pivot dealer that the Mach 5.5 is now discontinued. I guess selling mine last week was prescient! Seems like a 29er version of the Mach 5.5 would be the next offering and would combine the Switchblade and M5.5 in the new design look, and would slot exactly between the Trail 429 and the Firebird 29. And the last three Pivot releases were all 29ers. Throw us a bone John P!
I work at PIVOT, and this FALSE. What dealer told you that?

The 5.5 is one of our best selling bikes, it is not on the table for redesign, as it is one of our newer models.

·
Freezer
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting. One of the guys at Absolute Bikes in Sedona told me that when I called to schedule a Switchblade rental for a Sedona trip.

·
Freezer
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We just ordered more frames for that bike. I have no idea when Chris plans on making changes to that model.
Well, you should encourage him to do so. I'm sure you know that you're losing sales to the Ripmo and SB130. I'm looking for a mid-travel 29er and I'd like it to be a Pivot, but the aesthetics of the SB don't do it for me.

·
Registered
204 Posts
There is a full 2 page fold out ad for the Switchblade on the first page of the MBAction magazine I just saw at the store...

Looks like it’s gonna be here for a while (still a badass bike)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Handmade in Switzerland
296 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the Switchblade.
There is no need for "just another" long and slack bike.
But I like to see new colours for that bike! I liked the green frames that Pivot had in the past.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
So cant seem to get a ripmo anytime soon. They just pushed orders back 45 days.

Took a closer look at the 5.5 and i wonder how it would go with a 29 front end. Has anyone tried this on a similar bike?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.