Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Killer of Chains
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found someone to trade their Large Prophet for my Medium. We're simply going to trade the front triangle as its the cheapest way of doing it, and that the only difference between the two sizes.

However, he's in Conneticut, and I'm in Pennyslvania.

So far, the plan has been he, he sent me a PayPal for $1, I'm shipping him the frame (actually sending it to an Eastern Mountain Sports near his house), they (EMS) take his bike apart, and ships his frame back in the same box.

It seems pretty easy, but I'm worried of the many things that could go wrong.

He's seems pretty legit, I've tracked down his multiple screen names on other forums, no problems to speak of, his workplace (he works at a school), his address, both his numbers and the number of the place I'm sending the frame.

Any last minute advice to avoid disaster?

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Call and speak with him. Trust your instincts.

If it doesn't feel right, is it worth the risk to you? Heck how does he feel about the trade? He might have the same concerns too.

I would ask for pics before shipping (as much for insurance stuff if UPS/FedEx decide they don't like the box), and a phone call.

Good luck,

JmZ

·
Killer of Chains
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called the EMS where it was going to be delivered and talked with the mechanic who will be doing the work. He knows the guy and says he's good for it. I guess if all else fails I can blame EMS as well.

I sent it Fed-Ex basic ground service and it only cost me $8...and get this. It was there overnight. That's service.

We'll see how it goes!

·
the #1 Stunna'
500 Posts
if you feel that it will be with out incident, it usualy will. have made sales and trades across country without incident. Plus you are doing it through a bike shop. Just call them and talk to them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.