Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I "upgraded" my Tracer with an RP3 a few months ago - and am not feelin it.

To me it feels dead. Others apparently like it.

Anyone have a non-platform style shock in really good condition, willing to trade?

(edit) is this considered SPAM? If so - I'll pay the 2 bucks... just trying to keep it within the "community".
 

·
Mmmm Rocks Good
Joined
·
645 Posts
what is the eye to eye and stroke? I have a Romic that is super plush and doesn't have near the lockout feel platform that others do.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sus13 said:
Why not get it PUSH'ed?
1) I just bought a brand new shock. I don't feel like spending more.

2) I don't like the feel of "platform" style shocks - Push, RP3 etc. I like active feeling suspension. Please don't waste your time trying to convince me otherwise.

Anyone got an AVA, or FLOAT in really good condition?

Thanks
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Molasses said:
In nearly brand new shape. PM if interested.
Hey Molasses.

Can you post a pic of the shock?

This is the one with rebound adjust and lockout - right? No compression adjust?

Interested... just want to confirm what you have, and see a pic.

Thanks dude.:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
929 Posts
Updated w/ picture and detail

I will post a picture by tomorrow definately. I will send it to you via PM.
Here is the picture and details:
I used this shock for about 1/2 a season last year (I bought a NOS tracer frame) I upgrade to an RP3 and really kept this as a "backup." The Tracer was a 2003 and I believe the shock is as well.

Send some pictures and details regarding the RP3 you would want to trade.

Have a great rest of the weekend
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,199 Posts
imridingmybike said:
1)
2) I don't like the feel of "platform" style shocks - Push, RP3 etc. I like active feeling suspension. Please don't waste your time trying to convince me otherwise.
Just curious, I've only used a float, never been on an RP3. I thought that it had a three position switch. Little Propedal, more Propedal and no Propedal.

Ronnie
 

·
Homer's problem child
Joined
·
1,320 Posts
imridingmybike said:
1) I just bought a brand new shock. I don't feel like spending more.

2) I don't like the feel of "platform" style shocks - Push, RP3 etc. I like active feeling suspension. Please don't waste your time trying to convince me otherwise.

Anyone got an AVA, or FLOAT in really good condition?

Thanks
From my understanding, whe Push works over an RP3 for a VPP bike they use a different piston and other goodies that minimize the propedal/platform because VPP doesn't need much.

Maybe you could try VPP Push set-up on your non-VPP tracer and it would give you what you want.

I have not heard of anyone that isn't happy with their Pushed shock. If Push doesn't get it right the 1st time they'll work with you until they do.

It is money well spent IMHO.

My $0.02

B
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
929 Posts
One thing about the RP3...

I found that I used more of the available travel with the RP3 than the standard Float, probably would be the same as using an AVA-equipped Float. One question that may be affecting your particular set-up- are you using the Uzzi SL Link or the statndard Tracer link?
 

·
Now with flavor!!
Joined
·
5,613 Posts
imridingmybike said:
It's freakin Tracer-size!

(6.5x1.5 - for you knuckle dragging, non-tracer riders);)
You want a float RL?

No platform but a fabulous feature that makes your suspension bike a non suspension bike that just weighs a lot.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Molasses said:
I will post a picture by tomorrow definately. I will send it to you via PM.
Here is the picture and details:
I used this shock for about 1/2 a season last year (I bought a NOS tracer frame) I upgrade to an RP3 and really kept this as a "backup." The Tracer was a 2003 and I believe the shock is as well.

Send some pictures and details regarding the RP3 you would want to trade.

Have a great rest of the weekend
Thanks dude.

I will take a picture later and post it. Mine is 2-3 months old and is in great condition. That being said - we need to discuss an arrangement where we can both confirm the condition of the shocks before being stuck... know what I mean?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
kidwoo said:
You want a float RL?

No platform but a fabulous feature that makes your suspension bike a non suspension bike that just weighs a lot.
I don't use lockout. I'd prefer to have a shock that has compression and rebound adjust...
 

·
Now with flavor!!
Joined
·
5,613 Posts
imridingmybike said:
I don't use lockout. I'd prefer to have a shock that has compression and rebound adjust...
I never used it either. I think the shock still works if you leave it alone. :D

What air shock has a compression adjuster?
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top