Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't post much but I do have an '04 X-5 and love it to death. Some of the new frames have me drooling.

So there has been talk of Ventana's trade-in program with people asking about why they should buy a Ventana frame. My question is how does the trade in program work? I assume you "sell back" your old frame and they credit you for the purchase of a new one. What is the credit amount? Does it matter what condition the frame is in? Lastely, out of curiousity does Ventana have a crash replacement program?

Hopefully we can have some of these questions answered to help sway the new buyer to come to the Ventana side.

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
mtn_man2 said:
I don't post much but I do have an '04 X-5 and love it to death. Some of the new frames have me drooling.

So there has been talk of Ventana's trade-in program with people asking about why they should buy a Ventana frame. My question is how does the trade in program work? I assume you "sell back" your old frame and they credit you for the purchase of a new one. What is the credit amount? Does it matter what condition the frame is in? Lastely, out of curiousity does Ventana have a crash replacement program?

Hopefully we can have some of these questions answered to help sway the new buyer to come to the Ventana side.
Trade-in gets you roughly 30% off the msrp price regardless of condition of the frame. It can be done directly or through any Ventana dealer.

Larry
Mountain High Cyclery
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
My understanding is that the trade-in value is roughly $600 off of a new frame. Traded frame must be complete (i.e. a FS frame would have to have the rear shock, etc). I don't think that condition matters - so the trade in program is the crash replacement program.

I can see how the trade in would be useful for an older or damaged frame. For a working, rideable frame, I would think you could do much better than $600 by selling it.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for all the info. I know it has helped answer my questions and hope it helps the newbies as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.