Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Brider007
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I currently have a trek 3500. The bike is in great condition. The only thing is it is only a 13 inch frame. I am 5'6. I want to trade it and sombody offered me a diamondback overdrive st. He will let me know the frame size later today but he says its in between 19-21 inches. Is this a good trade? Would that be a good bike for me? Or is it too big. I am also thinking that if the diamondback is a better bike then i could just trade or sell that one for more and get an even better one. Thoughts? Thanks!

·
Cycologist
10,109 Posts
I know someone posted a newer Trek chart that showed they recommended an 18" for you, but normally a 15-16 would be more your size. As Battery said, you need to sit on some bikes. A 13" is going to be too small and a 19-21 way too big.

·
since 4/10/2009
34,369 Posts
I know someone posted a newer Trek chart that showed they recommended an 18" for you, but normally a 15-16 would be more your size. As Battery said, you need to sit on some bikes. A 13" is going to be too small and a 19-21 way too big.
All depends on body proportions, and to some degree, also on the brand. I'd be putting him on smalls AND mediums to see what worked best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.