Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Currently I have a 575'07 /talas36 and i think of Tracer ... I didn't decided yet.

Could you give me a reasons to buy a Tracert or should i stay in 575 ?

My type of riding is below

downhill

uphill

PS.
I don't want uzzi ... its to heavy

·
Registered
211 Posts
i've spent serious time on both...i have a shorter travel asr-sl and like it for xc blasts but i've never got on with the 575...i have had a tracer vp for a year and it is better in every situation than the 575...the advantage is the vpp suspension that just plain tracks the ground better, is less wallowy and sprints better...

·
Registered
163 Posts
get the tracer, its a very good trail/all mountain/enduro bike. if you will put the fox 36 in the tracer it rides like a real good enduro bike, putting a 32 in the tracer makes it more xc ride stylish. the uzzi can be built up also very light, with approx 32 LBS and you can smash it really good with the uzzi. a friend of mine has one and it rides awesome but I will also stay with my tracer, mine has in Large 29 LBS.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Is there a specific reason you are looking to change bikes? Or is it a case of wanting to try something different? I personally think the Tracer is a better bike, in terms of what I prefer, VPP really blows away single pivot.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Mr Smith said:
Yeti is expensive for a taiwanes frame. They are also a bit Snap cracle and pop with regards to the carbon rear end.
OMG, I can't believe how much stereotypical bs is in your post! Expensive for a "Taiwanese" frame - as in, inferior quality frame? Give your head a shake, that comment is so 6-7 years ago.
And the "snap cracle pop" one, don't even get me started, that's in comparison to what, Intense frames?? I really don't usually do this, but I can't help but recall a name that Cannondale used to be called, that may better fit with Intense now.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I need glasses

Arek said:
OMG, I can't believe how much stereotypical bs is in your post! Expensive for a "Taiwanese" frame - as in, inferior quality frame? Give your head a shake, that comment is so 6-7 years ago.
And the "snap cracle pop" one, don't even get me started, that's in comparison to what, Intense frames?? I really don't usually do this, but I can't help but recall a name that Cannondale used to be called, that may better fit with Intense now.
"Can't help but feel the Yeti is expensive for a taiwanes frame (UK price) . They are also a bit Snap cracle and pop with regards to the carbon rear end."

Sorry did I say inferior please highlight? Nope:madman: nope:madman: nope:madman: I never said inferior!

Lower cost base, better technology, higher volumes yes. In the UK a Yeti is sold a a boutique frame but is no more special or even less with a FAUX bar than any other Taiwanese frame, which you can get for as a full build with fox forks for the same price.:eekster:

I take it the redesign of the carbon rear end on the 5 was for evolution purposes then? ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.