Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Penny's my cow-cat
303 Posts
Where's your Tracer?

The person who starts the Tracer photo album thread should at least own a new Tracer.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cowboy-jeff said:
The person who starts the Tracer photo album thread should at least own a new Tracer.
I don't own one...yet. But i love to see those pix:D I do own the "original" Tracer:devil:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Here I come to save the day....

NONE of the photos are mine, they are just a compilation of CC, Intense, and other users' photos from MTBR. Enjoy. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Hey, that's my white one

Nah, mine has a CCDB and Lyrik 2 step air waiting for it . . . . .

Rick? Rick? is it done yet? ;)

·
Registered
522 Posts
Does anyone have a large yet.

Since this thread was started prematurely and without pics, I thought I would post prematurely. Here are the parts that will be on my tracer soon. What do you guys think. What kind of weight will I be looking at. Most of these parts came off of my 6.6 which was 32.6lbs. I am hoping for a sub 30lb build. New wheels, cranks and bars. I cant wait!!!

Can someone from Intense let us know when he larges will be shipping. Is it a longer wait for works red?

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
what color blue is that?

I have a works red Tracer VP on order from Richard's bikes. I did not know that Blue was one of the colors for the 2009 tracer VP. What color blue is that in the pic. Thanks Johnny.G

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
ohhhh the blue with the ccdb is making me want one!!

I hate bike! they are to much money! M6 this year, Tracer next, my lady is not going to be happy.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
I thought the Tracer VP was kind of ugly when I first saw it but its grown on me since then, particularly the larger size bikes that don‘t look as busy and squashed. Keep posting guys, they look great! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Enduro67 said:
White on white seems to be popular. Can't wait to ride it this weekend.
Enduro, Tell me how you like the SLX dual ring 665 cranks when you get a chance. I've been thinking of getting a XT 771 crankset which is 26/36/48T, getting rid of the 48T ring and putting on an e-thirteen bashring. The SLX has a better range with 22/36T and they claim it is stronger than XT and a lot cheaper. Also, not much in the weight difference either. The SLX looks very nice. Okay, I've talked myself into it.:yesnod:

The bike looks really nice too. I'd like to hear about the Magura also.

Ronnie.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I went with the SLX double over the XT for 2 reasons:

It comes with 22/36 chainrings....I run a 26 tooth granny ring to help prevent chainsuck...so the 36 gives me a little more top end.

The SLX looks like it has polished sides so it should show less shoe scuffs than the XT's...my last bike had a Hone double on it and it is actually a little lighter than the SLX but does not have the bigger gear.

It definitely feels well built, maybe a little heavy but hopefully will hold up better.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Enduro67 said:
I went with the SLX double over the XT for 2 reasons:

It comes with 22/36 chainrings....I run a 26 tooth granny ring to help prevent chainsuck...so the 36 gives me a little more top end.

The SLX looks like it has polished sides so it should show less shoe scuffs than the XT's...my last bike had a Hone double on it and it is actually a little lighter than the SLX but does not have the bigger gear.

It definitely feels well built, maybe a little heavy but hopefully will hold up better.
Are you saying you removed the 22T granny ring and replaced it with a 26T? That would reduce the gear spread a lot. An additional two ratios as opposed to four. Not that I often use a granny gear. I've got three ring on my 5point5 and almost never use the granny. Mind you the middle ring is 32T. Have you actually experienced problems with chain suck? I notice that you are using a XTR front derailleur. I see from the Shimano website that there is a SLX derailleur, claimed to be made specially for two ring crank sets.

On the weight thing, to compare from the website, XT three ring is 853g. and the SLX is 889g. A difference of 36g. or 1.25 ounce, so no big deal.

Ronnie.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The trails I ride are extremely rough/rocky horse trails that are not built to IMBA standards (meaning very steep fallline hills). So I use the 26 tooth granny 80% of the time...very rarely do I even need to get in the middle chainring. I wanted the larger middle ring for when I go on roadtrips where the trails are buttery smooth and gradual climbs. I need a bashguard alot more than a big chainring so the 36 tooth is a compromise...plus it gives me more gear spread from the standard 32 with the 26..

As far as chainsuck...the horsetrails tend to be muddy so the 26 tooth seems to be less prone to chainsuck than the standard 22 tooth. I assume due to the larger diameter the chain is able to release better from the teeth (like the middle ring vs the granny). I also have had better luck with raceface steel rings over shimano and I change rings about every 6-8 months.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts