Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Black Lion
Joined
·
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use a one piece reducer set-up on their rear shock?
Also does anyone use a different DU bushing than stock, specifically the ones from BETD or Stratos?
I am getting tired of replacing mine ever 3 months.
any info

Greg
 

·
Team Blindspot
Joined
·
2,989 Posts
I just rec'd a set from BETD

yogreg said:
Anyone use a one piece reducer set-up on their rear shock?
Also does anyone use a different DU bushing than stock, specifically the ones from BETD or Stratos?
I am getting tired of replacing mine ever 3 months.
any info

Greg
I ordered them for when I need to replace the set of plastic bushings/spacers pictured, that came on this bike when I got this bike last year. Never seen them before, nobody I talked to has seen them, but they are holding up very well.

I've use the BETD one piece setup on my FSR for 3 years, and they have not developed any play.

I think it was around $45 to get them from BETD.
 

Attachments

·
Black Lion
Joined
·
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
S-Works said:
I ordered them for when I need to replace the set of plastic bushings/spacers pictured, that came on this bike when I got this bike last year. Never seen them before, nobody I talked to has seen them, but they are holding up very well.

I've use the BETD one piece setup on my FSR for 3 years, and they have not developed any play.

I think it was around $45 to get them from BETD.
Thanks for the reply.
Is that picture of the one-piece on a Tracer?
Also what info did you supply to them to get the right set? I do not have a caliper to measure the gap between the link in mm.

Thanks
Greg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Bushes

yogreg said:
Anyone use a one piece reducer set-up on their rear shock?
Also does anyone use a different DU bushing than stock, specifically the ones from BETD or Stratos?
I am getting tired of replacing mine ever 3 months.
any info

Greg
When I had my Tracer, the fox bushes used to wear out about once a month! I once got a weekends riding in Wales out of a pair before play set in. (I think fox have since improved them slightly). I ended up getting a once piece kit, and it vastly imporved the porblem - I got nearly a year out of a set. I got a kit which was meant for a Santa Cruz superlight apparently, but it used the same sizes as the Tracer.

I have since moved onto another bike, but my friend with a Tracer uses the BETD bush and recommends it to people.
 

·
Team Blindspot
Joined
·
2,989 Posts
yogreg said:
Thanks for the reply.
Is that picture of the one-piece on a Tracer?
Also what info did you supply to them to get the right set? I do not have a caliper to measure the gap between the link in mm.
Hi Greg,

No the above pic is of the plastic reducers that came with the bike, the one's I'd never seen before.

The first pic below is of the one-piece reducer. The cream colored ring is BETD's bushing you will use to replace your current bushing.

Second pic is of reducer mounted in Tracer link. You need to order size 41mm. They also send you half a dozen bushings as well.

Hope that helps.

JD
 

Attachments

·
Black Lion
Joined
·
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
S-Works said:
Hi Greg,

No the above pic is of the plastic reducers that came with the bike, the one's I'd never seen before.

The first pic below is of the one-piece reducer. The cream colored ring is BETD's bushing you will use to replace your current bushing.

Second pic is of reducer mounted in Tracer link. You need to order size 41mm. They also send you half a dozen bushings as well.

Hope that helps.

JD
Helps alot. Thank you for the details and pics.
You are the man.
going to order the one piece right now.

Greg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
938 Posts
Aw, hell.

S-Works said:
Second pic is of reducer mounted in Tracer link. You need to order size 41mm. They also send you half a dozen bushings as well.
JD
Now I'm getting one too. I measured the link gap and came up with 41mm. I'm measuring about 5.9 mm for the bolt. Did you get the 6.1? Just wanted to confirm. Thanks.
Fatso

One other question? Which is my forename, and which is my surname? Fatso doesn't get the English-speak.
 

·
Team Blindspot
Joined
·
2,989 Posts
Fat Elvis said:
Now I'm getting one too. I measured the link gap and came up with 41mm. I'm measuring about 5.9 mm for the bolt. Did you get the 6.1? Just wanted to confirm. Thanks.
Fatso

One other question? Which is my forename, and which is my surname? Fatso doesn't get the English-speak.
6.1 is correct. Fat Elvis is good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
938 Posts
Just got my set in.

S-Works said:
Hi Greg,

No the above pic is of the plastic reducers that came with the bike, the one's I'd never seen before.

The first pic below is of the one-piece reducer. The cream colored ring is BETD's bushing you will use to replace your current bushing.

Second pic is of reducer mounted in Tracer link. You need to order size 41mm. They also send you half a dozen bushings as well.

Hope that helps.

JD
I ordered the reducer, an extra bushing and the installation tool. I felt like a sucker ordering the tool because it cost more than the other parts combined. But I'm glad that I did; it made the installation and removal of the bushings much easier (took about 30 seconds each way). This was my first time changing out bushings, and I'm sure there would have been carnage without the tool. I wouldn't count on getting 5 extra bushings, though. They did send me three (including the extra one I paid for).
 

·
Black Lion
Joined
·
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fat Elvis said:
I ordered the reducer, an extra bushing and the installation tool. I felt like a sucker ordering the tool because it cost more than the other parts combined. But I'm glad that I did; it made the installation and removal of the bushings much easier (took about 30 seconds each way). This was my first time changing out bushings, and I'm sure there would have been carnage without the tool. I wouldn't count on getting 5 extra bushings, though. They did send me three (including the extra one I paid for).
cool glad it worked out. I got mine as well and installed the new parts. So far so good. It sure looks like it will be stronger. Time will tell.

Greg
 

·
melon farmer
Joined
·
567 Posts
LSett said:
Hoping some one can help me out here. I want to order a new set of shock bushings for my tracer (PUSHED Float) and I'm not sure what exactly I need to order. Is it 2 strong bushes and a set of hoola hoop bushes?

https://www.betd.co.uk/product_list.asp?CategoryID=92
Yep, you'll need two sets of strong bushes - one for the body eye (front of shock) and one for the shaft eye (rear of shock) and a set of hula-hoop bushes to go with them (at least 2 bushes).

The shaft bush you need is 41mm wide and for a 6.1mm bolt, based on S-works post above, but I'm not sure what size you need for the body eye... anyone care to help out here?

I'm going to order the same set from BETD but don't have a decent set of calipers to get the measurements correct...

cheers

PS - anyone care to give us a long term update on how these BETD bushes are holding up??
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top