Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Shencycle said:
anyone running a Pro Pedal on their Tracer? If so, is it worth the investment?
Thanks
I tried a pro-pedal Float with and without an AVA, and thought it was very harsh no matter how I tried to set-up the air. It did indeed pedal real nice on the flats, but got skiddish on rough climbs. I think your money can be better served.

The best shock in my opinion for the Tracer is a Pushed Float.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i installed a ´04 fox vanilla pro pedal with a ti spring on my tracer and it works great! result is reduced bobbing and especially together with the uzzi sl link 4.5" of buttery travel (however at the cost of a 14.2" bottom bracket!)

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
2nd this post

yogreg said:
I tried a pro-pedal Float with and without an AVA, and thought it was very harsh no matter how I tried to set-up the air. It did indeed pedal real nice on the flats, but got skiddish on rough climbs. I think your money can be better served.

The best shock in my opinion for the Tracer is a Pushed Float.
I tried a pro-pedal non AVA, was very harsh, did not feel like I was getting full traval.

I now have a Pushed AVA float, world of difference.

BTW: I recently got the Uzzi one piece link, and I measured travel at closer to five inches. The geometry changes from raising the bottom bracket are offset by the marathon S 120 I'm running.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
S-Works said:
I tried a pro-pedal non AVA, was very harsh, did not feel like I was getting full traval.

I now have a Pushed AVA float, world of difference.

BTW: I recently got the Uzzi one piece link, and I measured travel at closer to five inches. The geometry changes from raising the bottom bracket are offset by the marathon S 120 I'm running.
Just curious. How high is the bottom braket from the center of the axle to the floor with that setup? With the bike leveled of course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.