Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible and indeed wise or advisable to run a Fox Vanilla RC on a tracer??? Could you also tell me the difference in the link settings to get different head angle and BB.
Thanks

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
RC fork is fine

Hicksville said:
Is it possible and indeed wise or advisable to run a Fox Vanilla RC on a tracer??? Could you also tell me the difference in the link settings to get different head angle and BB.
Thanks
I don't think Fox ever made a 6.5 i2i rear Vanilla RC. The old school Vanilla R works great on my Tracer.

The chain stay length adjustment changes the frame geometry about 1 degree or a little more. Long is about 70/72, short raises the BB 1/2 inch to about 71/73 (Head/seat angles) . I just use the most low forward 4 inch travel shock link mount, the link's upper shock mount makes the frame too steep for good handling (athough super easy to climb) and BB over 14 inches in altitude.

- ray

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Sure they did...

derby said:
I don't think Fox ever made a 6.5 i2i rear Vanilla RC. The old school Vanilla R works great on my Tracer.

The chain stay length adjustment changes the frame geometry about 1 degree or a little more. Long is about 70/72, short raises the BB 1/2 inch to about 71/73 (Head/seat angles) . I just use the most low forward 4 inch travel shock link mount, the link's upper shock mount makes the frame too steep for good handling (athough super easy to climb) and BB over 14 inches in altitude.

- ray
I've seen many 6.5x1.5 Vanilla RC. It would be a great shock to get PUSH'ed for that frame. The comp-adjustment lets you dial in a pedal platform of sorts.

Don't know if it will clear that frame, though...

Ole.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Call Intense

I called them when I wanted to use a Vanilla and at first they thought I was asking about an RC and not just an R. Unfortunately I didn't bother get the answer of fit regarding the RC as it didn't apply. I agree with Derby- the Vanilla R seems to fit the bill. I weigh 225 lb.s with gear and I use a 1050lb spring, with a good amount of preload and a stock setting of Propedal. Rides like a dream.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.