Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some pics of the new Tracer 29 that will show at Interbike, There is still one more mod that didn't make it on the show bike and that is a medium duty replaceable drop out that will allow different rear axle options including the new 142 X 12 QR, Maxle, standard & 135x 12.
We think this will be a great addition to this caliber of trail 29 er.
The travel is adjustable between 5 & 5.5" . bb @ 13.5 and Ha @ 70 with a 120 and 69 with a 140 as pictured.It will be offered in the Emerald green show as well as other intense colors.
production is scheduled for early spring 2010.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,199 Posts
Jeff, it is just beautiful. I've been waiting for that bike for years. I've just got to have one.

Can you give some more information about the 142 X 12mm. rear spacing who makes a hub for that. I didn't know it existed.

Ronnie.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,799 Posts
Wtf?

Holy sh!t, fcuken shoot me know will ya, please? That is just the hottest, badest, sweetest most beautiful thing I have ever seen in 29er format....That green is just insane...What fork is that? ( please don't say it's a Mar-zoky) I mean is it the 140? OK so is it this frame in green with all blue bits, or is it done ALL COMPLETELY BLACK? Anyone? Very, very, well done there Mr. Intense, my guess is this bike will be "THE" bike for 2010..You couldn't GIVE me a WFO over this..I see this bike blowing everything else right out of the water......Good luck and congrats......CF.
 

·
This place needs an enema
Joined
·
16,323 Posts
The geo doesn't do a thing for me, where I live and ride.

Still, I'm very, very happy to see more options from more manufacturers in the 'trailbike' category. More fork and tire options will be the result.

Thanks for sharing.

MC
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
mikesee said:
The geo doesn't do a thing for me, where I live and ride.

Still, I'm very, very happy to see more options from more manufacturers in the 'trailbike' category. More fork and tire options will be the result.

Thanks for sharing.

MC
yes of course, its all about you...silly me.

so i guess a hardtail without a 66 deg HA is also horrible as well since its not for you at your riding :rolleyes: I would expect you to realize all bikes do not serve the same purpose.

please go back to your blahg, aka the 29er forum, where people live for your every keystroke
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,799 Posts
mikesee said:
The geo doesn't do a thing for me, where I live and ride.

Thanks for sharing.

MC
Gee, now this is a surprise.:rolleyes: Let me guess it also needs a WB-150? BTW my rigid steel SS 29er has the perfect "Geo" for where you live and ride....:yesnod:

Thanks for sharing.............................CF.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,769 Posts
Ronnie said:
Can you give some more information about the 142 X 12mm. rear spacing who makes a hub for that. I didn't know it existed.
Big in Europe. Proposed by Syntace but many other manufacturers are on board. Hope, DT and others offer hubs and adaptor kits. Basically it is a 135 x 12 mm hub with end caps that are 3.5 mm wider on each side.

See this for details:
http://www.syntace.com/index.cfm?pid=1&pk=1314

Edit: nice that you are on board Jeff! Hope to see this option on other models too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,410 Posts
iRider said:
Big in Europe. Proposed by Syntace but many other manufacturers are on board. Hope, DT and others offer hubs and adaptor kits. Basically it is a 135 x 12 mm hub with end caps that are 3.5 mm wider on each side.
Why? It sounds like chainline and spoke bracing angles would be the same as 135. What does this do other than give you something to hit your heels on?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,199 Posts
epic said:
Why? It sounds like chainline and spoke bracing angles would be the same as 135. What does this do other than give you something to hit your heels on?
I know nothing about the actual axle system and will do some reading but the rear triangle is unchanged and therefore there is no more chance of hitting your heels. Only the dropout will be different.

What is obvious is that a wider supported axle is more difficult to flex. As an example, take a typical "X" shaped car wheel wrench, hold two opposite ends in your hands and get some one to wiggle one of the other ends. You can resist the movement. Now try it holding the wrench near the center. It becomes very difficult to resist. It's a matter of leverage.

Ronnie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,199 Posts
bonesetter2004 said:
Any indication of MSRP yet?
Nigel, I spoke to a local dealer. (Well, kind of a local dealer. He's about an hour away.) He called Intense and gave me a figure but I forget exactly what he said. My comment was, "About the same as a Tracer VP", which is $2280. It was $2200 plus that I remember.

Ronnie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,849 Posts
Ronnie said:
Nigel, I spoke to a local dealer. (Well, kind of a local dealer. He's about an hour away.) He called Intense and gave me a figure but I forget exactly what he said. My comment was, "About the same as a Tracer VP", which is $2280. It was $2200 plus that I remember.

Ronnie.
So, ~£1,800 GBP then :eekster:
 
1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top