Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a SC Blur LT and am loving the bike. I really like the VPP suspension. I plan on truly using this as a do-everything bike, including towing the kids in a trailer on the local fire roads. The trailer is being worked on right now (recall!) so I haven't had a chance to take it out, plus its way too cold to take the kids out for a ride at the moment. When I use to tow them on my old horst link bike, it would squat and bob like mad, even with the RP23 on propedal 3. I'm wondering if I'll have the same issue on my RP23 equipped Blur LT. Maybe I should've gone with the Monarch, with lockout, on my Blur instead of the RP23? Anyone had experience towing a child's trailer on a RP23-equipped VPP bike? How does the suspension handle towing the trailer? Thanks!

bk

·
Rider and Wrench
1,478 Posts
While I have had a BLT and a Trailer I have not combined the two, but I can't imagine it being too bad-
I just put the Prooedal on the firm setting and flip the lever on, other than the drag all of the "tongue" weight is on the rear wheel so it is not suspended- Have Fun

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have had no problem towing an old Bell trailer with my 35lb son and some gear using a Giant Anthem X3 VPP (RP2 shock, pro-pedal on). No bob or anything funny, hard to tell he was there....other than the weight. I pulled him through some decent trails and it went fine.

·
Long Live Long Rides
397 Posts
Under pressure

I towed my son using a Blur Classic for a while. I did notice a little "stretching " of the bike, but not bad. If it bothers you you could increase the pressure in the shock as a sort of false lockout. Be sure to write down the original pressure.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
not a kid trailer but a bob cargo trailer on my blur 4x, felt like the shock was cavitating, not too bad but I was just on the road, offroad it'd feel worse I imagine.

suggest getting a setup that clamps to seatpost anyways, any extra weight on the swingarm counts against your suspension's ability to absorb impacts!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.