Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
In the rear with the beer
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody do a tour anywhere in Thailand lately (past few years)? If so what parts did you hit and how did it go? Also any tour operators you'd recommend? We're planning a trip to Thailand and are searching for intel....

Thanks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sorry for the delay in seeing this post...
Yes, I've done the northern half of Thailand last year. Chaing Mai to Bangkok. 700 miles and change.
What would you like to know?
-Erik

·
In the rear with the beer
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ecox said:
Sorry for the delay in seeing this post...
Yes, I've done the northern half of Thailand last year. Chaing Mai to Bangkok. 700 miles and change.
What would you like to know?
-Erik
Erik, We're looking at touring around Chaing Mai, any suggestions on tour companies, guides, etc? Anything to avoid? Most importantly, was it worth doing or would you suggest another part of the country?? We're looking at probably only a 4 day, 3 night bike tour...then the rest of my companions want to hit the beach and other stuff (one dude really wants a "foamy"....I'm a little hesitant on that).

·
Registered
99 Posts
bigdudecycling said:
Erik, We're looking at touring around Chaing Mai, any suggestions on tour companies, guides, etc? Anything to avoid? Most importantly, was it worth doing or would you suggest another part of the country?? We're looking at probably only a 4 day, 3 night bike tour...then the rest of my companions want to hit the beach and other stuff (one dude really wants a "foamy"....I'm a little hesitant on that).
My wife and I did a charity ride that was organized through http://www.tourdethailand.com. I'll PM you the company owner's name and email; contact him and see what he's able to put together for you.

Chaing Mai's really pretty, but hilly. If you don't want beaches, then Chaing Mai's a great option. There's quite a bit to do and see, and there's a local bike club whose name I can't remember that also could help you out.

We took tons of pictures. If you want to see what Chaing Mai and the surrounding area looks like from a bike, click here:
http://rwec.smugmug.com/gallery/3947790_jKSHW#229339339_ViKfj

-Erik

·
Registered
38 Posts
Chonburi Race Course

Lived in Bangkok for 2 years. There is a XC race course south of Thailand in Chonburi. If you are in Bangkok, go by Probike and ask for Khun Natee. He will hook you up! Great country and great people. Enjoy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts