Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Getting too old for this...
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in 4 days of watching, not one mention of the guy - is he not in the tour for some reason this year? He gave everyone fits last year. Just wondering.

·
Registered
731 Posts
if I remeber correctly, Rasmussen made his move in the mountains...so far it's been basically flat...my man Valverde went out today w/ a broken collar bone :mad:

·
A wheelist
5,991 Posts
go-pirates said:
if I remeber correctly, Rasmussen made his move in the mountains...so far it's been basically flat...my man Valverde went out today w/ a broken collar bone :mad:
'Coz he's built like a bird and won't show his face 'till the real tour starts - in the mountains. Boonen/Hushovd/McEwen will be losing 20 minutes per day at that time.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Yup, lats year you didn't hear anything about him until they reached the mountains then is when he kicked it into gear and started his move. Wish I could watch it this year, but don't have D tv anymore :(

·
Registered
Getting too old for this...
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know he's a climber and waiting for some mountains, but so are all the other guys that the 4 announcers are always talking about. Now that 5-6 of the top mountain guys are out, I figured SOMEONE would be saying he's got a shot at glory. Especially after that disaster last year at the last TT.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
curtlo-dork said:
I know he's a climber and waiting for some mountains, but so are all the other guys that the 4 announcers are always talking about. Now that 5-6 of the top mountain guys are out, I figured SOMEONE would be saying he's got a shot at glory. Especially after that disaster last year at the last TT.
But he is not a GC contender. I believe his name did get a mention in the first couple of days. With ~175 riders in the race most get no mention until they are involved in something.

·
bang
1,290 Posts
shiggy said:
But he is not a GC contender. I believe his name did get a mention in the first couple of days. With ~175 riders in the race most get no mention until they are involved in something.
i dunno, didn't he win the king of the mountain competition last year? he is certainly on my short list to do well this year.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Cyco-Dude said:
i dunno, didn't he win the king of the mountain competition last year? he is certainly on my short list to do well this year.
Yes, but not a factor for the overall (GC). Multiple crashes in the time trail does not help much.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Didn't get to watch the Prologue this year, he didn't fall like he did last year in the last individual TT did he?

shiggy said:
Yes, but not a factor for the overall (GC). Multiple crashes in the time trail does not help much.

·
Yummy
1,262 Posts
LyNx said:
Didn't get to watch the Prologue this year, he didn't fall like he did last year in the last individual TT did he?
Yeah, he did a little off-roading in the ditch, too.

Kn.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.