Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
afie said:
Thanks for the pics.
Looks like matt is carrying 2.5L in visible exterior bottles, and I am sure he has the ability to carry a bladder somewhere. But without a backpack, the question is where?
Maybe in the front bag?
I have one like that, it will expand from both ends to almost twice the size in the picture. I have even stuffed a liter bottle in mine (including the stuff that is already in there) with no problem other than the temp 'handling' issue, which soon goes away as you use up the liquid

·
Registered
152 Posts
There's a lot of water on the route (especially this year!)

Personally, I used 2 bottles on my section of the race (and I filled a third in my camel back for sections from Grants -> Lima and getting over Red Meadow Pass (unnecessary, but I try to avoid filtering)

Matt was filling his jersey pockets for the longer stretches. I believe he only had 200 fl. oz. capacity this year for the dry sections.

·
Blue Dot Junkie
391 Posts
I talked with Mary this morning & am very happy to report that she's doing well. Her pace is off from the goal she'd started with- but she's come to a point of clarity where she's accepted the way things have worked out with her pace & is now settling in for the long haul- with a new commitment to the personal experience.

It's funny how this stuff works, how plans come & go and things change along the way. The meaning of the race, for her, has actually deepened despite being off pace. When this is all done, I'm sure she'll have one helluva story to tell.

·
I'm how far behind?
568 Posts
Looks like Rueben is out.

I ran into Rueben on my commute home in Silverthorne. He was on his way to meet a friend from Denver that was picking him up. Sounds like an Achilles tendon and knee over use injury. He and Matt rolled into Silverthorne earlier this afternoon. Matt had rolled out of town earlier. He sounded disappointed to be quiting so maybe with a good nights rest we will see him back in the race.

jim

·
Cycling, FTW!!
478 Posts
Alan & Dominik

I randomly bumped into these guys yesterday on Lynx pass while I was on my way home from work.

They were in a great mood, and things appeared to be going good. It looks like Essam hooked up Alan with a new water bottle.
Oh, and they got a good laugh when I told them how all you MTBR geeks were discussing Matt and Reuben's water storage capacity after I posted pics of them the other day.

Here's a shot of Dominik. Next stop, Kremmling.

Hey Leighton! If you're lurking on here this morning... nice work making it to Steamboat, but don't stop now! Alan and Dominik say they really enjoy riding with you, so hurry up and catch 'em!

·
Tucson, AZ
2,980 Posts
hairball_dh said:
She's so sparkling white! How does she do that? I'd be varying shades of brown after a couple weeks on the trail, LOL.
I think she is under contract with Siren bikes to be a supermodel while riding the TD.;) I don't think I own any shirts that are that white in my entire bike wardrobe let alone after biking 1100 miles!

·
Really I am that slow
3,586 Posts
Jilleo said:
Mary is looking good! Clean and strong. Go, Mary!

Curious, Dave, if you saw Geoff in that area at all? I think he's riding toward Silverthorne on the highway.
Nope no Geoff I was looking for him though.... he stayed on the hwy instead of turning down fs rd 212...

I prob missed him by minutes :madman:

·
Really I am that slow
3,586 Posts
Picked Up a Stray

As I was looking for Stephen I ran into Andy (He had to drop due to the crud back in Bigfork MT)

Hes hitting the Colorado section of the Gdr in Tourist mode so he crashed at my folks yurt last night and we had some stories to swap. Lotsa Fun!

His seat broke so he stuffed an extra jersey under the seat. I hope it gets him to Sliverthore!

Attachments

·
Blue Dot Junkie
391 Posts
laundry day in Steamboat

azepicriderandrunner said:
I think she is under contract with Siren bikes to be a supermodel while riding the TD.;) I don't think I own any shirts that are that white in my entire bike wardrobe let alone after biking 1100 miles!
Actually, she did laundry when she was in Steamboat. Oh yeah, and we prefer the term spokesmodel. ;-)

21 - 40 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.