Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
I got nothin'
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and Gentlemen,

It's that time of the year again where we host the annual Tour de Tillamook, Friday July 30th through Sunday August 1st. Join us for two nights of camping and two days of riding in the Tillamook State Forest. We have many great sponsors again this year helping us to provide lunch and dinner on Saturday.

This year we have professional Mountain Bike instructors teaching a child's class and a separate adult skills class. We will also have a family, beginners, intermediate and hammer level rides, with guides. Bring your significant other for the professional instruction while you hit the trails. Then meet back up for lunch and dinner.

Bring a swim suit and go for a swim in the Wilson River after your ride while were grilling you dinner.

More details along with links to sign up can be found here: http://www.nw-trail.org/2010_Tour_de_Tillamook

·
MattSavage
2,481 Posts
That sounds awesome..! Too bad I just shattered my collarbone... Riding my ROAD bike...!

·
I got nothin'
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear about your injury. Too bad it happened so early in the season. The Tour de Tillamook is an annual event, always the last weekend in July. Maybe we will see you next year. Heal fast.

·
I got nothin'
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OHM, at this time we will be riding the WRT, and if I can get a volunteer guide (think I can), we will have a ride on the trails at the Summit (Gales, Storey Burn, Browns Camp, HHT). Can't officially comment on the 'birdy' trail. I'll have to ask the WTF guys what the latest is on that.

·
I got nothin'
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Things are shaping up

We will have lots of freebees from the following sponsors:

Hammer
Cliff Bar
Nature Valley
Larabar
Honest Tea
Hot Lips Soda
Tillamook Cheese
Organics to You
Out Aza Blue
Dave's Killer Bread
Raw Revolution
Burgers and Sausage from Zenner's Sausage Company
and more....

·
Obviously Single
1,143 Posts
Beer sponsor?

hydrogeek said:
We will have lots of freebees from the following sponsors:

Hammer
Cliff Bar
Nature Valley
Larabar
Honest Tea
Hot Lips Soda
Tillamook Cheese
Organics to You
Out Aza Blue
Dave's Killer Bread
Raw Revolution
Burgers and Sausage from Zenner's Sausage Company
and more....
I don't see any local breweries in that list ...

·
I got nothin'
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry Leeman. The T de T is more a family event. You are more than welcome to BYOB. Its pain enough getting permits for the event with ODF much less broaching the subject of alcohol with them.

·
Obviously Single
1,143 Posts
Guess I don't have a family?

hydrogeek said:
Sorry Leeman. The T de T is more a family event. You are more than welcome to BYOB. Its pain enough getting permits for the event with ODF much less broaching the subject of alcohol with them.
LOL! A common misconception. I think you mean "family with children" event, since I have a family: me, my wife, 4 dogs, and 2 cats. Do you have dog events?

I'm glad you're setting up something for folks that have kids ... I'm sure there's a market for that.

But this *does* make the dinner offered a non-starter for me.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I am so confused.I drink beer and I have two children.But,I never drink beer from Colorado...ha.

·
Obviously Single
1,143 Posts
This will help!

poppa#1 said:
I am so confused.I drink beer and I have two children.But,I never drink beer from Colorado...ha.
Have a Ninkasi ... that will clear things up for ya-all!

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
14,530 Posts
LeeMan said:
LOL! A common misconception. I think you mean "family with children" event, since I have a family: me, my wife, 4 dogs, and 2 cats. Do you have dog events?

I'm glad you're setting up something for folks that have kids ... I'm sure there's a market for that.

But this *does* make the dinner offered a non-starter for me.:rolleyes:
Beer has been helping people start families for hundreds of years.

Personally I would consider attending if there was beer, and families wouldn't keep me away, but if the families are keeping the beer away, then they'll keep me away, too. A summer only has so many weekends in it.

--sParty

1 - 20 of 35 Posts