Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Asheville YetiRider
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Tour de Pisgah" Sunday Oct 16th at 9:00am. If you want a spectacular taste of what Pisgah has to offer you need to join us. This is the best time to ride so get off your lazy soon to be hybernating assses and enjoy the day the best way possiable. Advanced ride at a steady casual pace.:mad: Free shuttle to Summery Cove. I hear it's about 60+ miles. Our goal is to be at Rice P. in Bent Creek by pre sundown. Feel free to join or bail at any point. :madman: This ride is not associated with any type of sanctioned or club type rides. :cryin:
Summery Cove>140>5031>140A>Farlow gap>Daniel Ridge>225 (Cove Creek Rd)>475B>276>Avery Creek Rd>Club Gap>Buckhorn Gap>South Mills River>476>Yellow Gap Rd>Pilot Rock>Pisgah Inn>Parkway>Big Creek>Hendersonville Reservoir>5000 (Wash Creek RD)>Bent Creek Gap Rd>Lower side Hill etc.
The 23rd were planning on doing a "Tour de Wilson Creek" :nono:

Reactions: Enoch

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
I'm glad I'll be at Windrock riding downhill trails all day...., I mean reschedule this for May 2012 and maybe I'll be in shape again :D
Man 5031 and 140A = Brutal and then pushing up Pilotrock:eekster: I did that in PMBAR:nono:
Oh and remember....Wilson Creek SUCKS!!!!

·
Asheville YetiRider
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm glad I'll be at Windrock riding downhill trails all day...., I mean reschedule this for May 2012 and maybe I'll be in shape again :D
Man 5031 and 140A = Brutal and then pushing up Pilotrock:eekster: I did that in PMBAR:nono:
Oh and remember....Wilson Creek SUCKS!!!!
See you when you get out of gravity retirement. And thanks for the reminder.:thumbsup:

·
And He was Not
1,686 Posts
Ash Yetiman do you ever do Saturday rides? I've seriously considered joining Your rides and some of the PAS rides but Sunday is kinda tough on us out of towners.

·
Asheville YetiRider
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ash Yetiman do you ever do Saturday rides? I've seriously considered joining Your rides and some of the PAS rides but Sunday is kinda tough on us out of towners.
Saturdays rides are far and few between if I want to keep the bill collecters off my back.:madman: Hope to see you on a Sunday.

·
drunken pirate
1,414 Posts
Enoch, I usually ride Pisgah on Saturdays and you are more than welcome to join me (and whoever else I sucker in). Not sure what I'll do this Saturday as I'm riding Friday night...

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'm in, weather pending, for the big ride this weekend. Not for WNDC 4000psi. Have fun with that.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Brain dead

Black Balsam: START> Flat Laurel Creek> 215> Sumney Cove> Backside of Farlow (whatever that climb is...) Farlow Gap> Upper Daniel Ridge> 225> (blown tire; down one man) 475b> Pink Beds> Wolf Ford to Yellow Gap Road> Up Pilot> (broken derailleur hanger, broken derailleur) Up Pilot> Up Pilot> walked connector to Mount Pisgah lot, for real> Blue Ridge Parkway> Bent Creek Gap or Beaver Dam Gap (whatever, the "Wash Creek tunnel at Bent Creek" seems fitting)> gravel... Rice Pinnacle lot: END.

Rock gardens were "cleaned," steps ridden, pictures taken, and parts broken. While riding uphill on Pilot. How one does such a thing is beyond me. PS: it wasn't me.

Today was a doozy. Mileage and the such will have to be added by someone else. Good effort boys.

·
Support Pisgah Area Soba
860 Posts
From where my tire was blown we had 28 miles. I am thinking you had to hit 50-60 miles. My rim had a nasty dent in the hook and bead Area also. Getting over to I9 today to see just how bad it may be. The trail on the back side of Farlow is 140A. Someone sent the trail Gnomes after us for sure. Excellent day for sure even with the mechanical. Have to admit I am bummed not finishing this and want to attempt it again with an earlier start time so Big Creek can be attempted.

·
Asheville YetiRider
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I must say even with the derailleur and wheel issues it had to be one of the most perfect days to out in Pisgah. Between the great weather and time of year all I saw was gold everywhere I looked. :) Plus clearing the same staircase Adam Craig did on my first try sure was a bonus. Long Live Long Rides!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.