Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 17 35.4%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spandex loving, skinny tire doping TDF fans!

Who are you picking to win?

Anyone up for a friendly wager of choice of six pack?

·
Banned
6,153 Posts
baycat said:
Spandex loving, skinny tire doping TDF fans!

Who are you picking to win?

Anyone up for a friendly wager of choice of six pack?
Well ya got me. I thought the only riders left to race were Big George and Levi.

I'm going with Levi.

·
Weird huh?
2,283 Posts
Levi

Of course.

America F*** Yeah !

·
Lusus Naturae
2,874 Posts
Going with Vino.

As for doping, I wonder if there are any tests for MTB XC racing?

imridingmybike: your avatars are stressing me out recently :(

·
Banned
6,153 Posts
NoBalance said:
Not sure if you keep up on your current events... that's one of the freekin terrorists in UK.:madmax: Looks like he just got done getting a good ass woopin before that pic!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Lusus Naturae
2,874 Posts
imridingmybike said:
Not sure if you keep up on your current events... that's one of the freekin terrorists in UK.:madmax: Looks like he just got done getting a good ass woopin before that pic!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Yup I've read a bit about it but honeslty I dont want to know after a certain point, you know? Funny though, the pic looks only slightly different than the last one. Strange.

As for the wager, I am wagering a full bottle of the following to the first 5 people to claim here to have bet on the eventual winner. So after you vote, claim who you voted for!

That is 750ml of some of the best 9.3% ABV Belgian style ale ever.
https://www.northcoastbrewing.com/beer-brotherThelonious.htm

·
3.14159265358979323846…
2,847 Posts
1. Vino
2. Valverde or Peirrero ... I'll commit to one or the other if anyone wants to put soe beer down on this
3. Evans

Levi will finish top 10, but he's just not hungry enough to podium. I think he'll start in the maillot juane though.

I put Schleck as the road world champ too.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Valverde

If Valverde can find the form (or the dope:nono: ) he had last year before he crashed I think he will win. Moreau is looking pretty good right now too. Vino is almost always right there too.

·
Lusus Naturae
2,874 Posts
OK we're 1/4 of the way through this race and here is the status for the racers picked in this thread:

Levi: 1:00 back
Kloden: 0:33 back
Vino: 2:10 back (eeeeek! had to go and crash, eh??)
Valverde: 1:03 back

The next week will be fun, with some serious climbing to weed out the weak. Hopefully *I* wont be dropped this weekend in the Downieville XC. :)

·
Surly OG
977 Posts
NoBalance said:
Going with Vino.

As for doping, I wonder if there are any tests for MTB XC racing?

Didn't Philip Meirhage get dropped by Specialized, stripped of his World title and get banned a couple years ago?

·
SuperInstigator
2,169 Posts
I would think you would have heard of the ROAD BIKE FORUM!:nono: :bluefrown: :incazzato: :rolleyes: :prft:

Actually I would guess one, but I won't for the following reasons: 1) I don't follow the tour because minus the crashes, I find it as exciting as the "sport" of golf, 2) I'm underage! I can't drink!!!!:D

I can't even pronounce 90% of them guys names...

Tim

·
3.14159265358979323846…
2,847 Posts
tibug said:
I would think you would have heard of the ROAD BIKE FORUM!:nono: :bluefrown: :incazzato: :rolleyes: :prft:

Actually I would guess one, but I won't for the following reasons: 1) I don't follow the tour because minus the crashes, I find it as exciting as the "sport" of golf, 2) I'm underage! I can't drink!!!!:D

I can't even pronounce 90% of them guys names...

Tim
Some of us won't go to the RBR forums... It's worse (more vicious) than the 29er board.

Lots of comraderie and friendly smack-talking here in the Nor Cal board.

BTW... you don't have to read the threads that don't interest you :thumbsup:

·
Mtbr Founder
34,656 Posts
awesome, awesome stage 5. it's kind of complex but a lot of stuff was going on. In the end, great racing like this is what's going to bring back pro cycling from the drugs purgatory.

The yellow, green and polka dot jerseys were all in play today in a really well-rounded stage, punctuated by Vino's accident.

Bravo Chavanel! Poor Vino, good work Astana and Vino to fight back. CSC too. Popovych, Cancellara, Millar and those 6 or so guys who each tried to attack for the win... nice! Almost crashed... Popo!

Boonen and Vino teamwork... nice. Great job Zabel.

And in the end, a lot of key players had a shot at the win. Awesome win, Pozzato!

roadie out,
fc

1 - 20 of 36 Posts