Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we may have the only rideable terrrain, I thought I might spark some interest in those who have been itching to ride. I have only strung this ride together once, but it evens out to about 30+. Optional leg burner routes available and I know of a few play spots too:). Of course this is a full 3-course meal for me and a mere snack to some. Nevertheless, since it might be the only thing "going" those who are interested lets post some times and starting locations...OK? Yeah...I guess you boys in Santa Fe can come too:rolleyes:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shhh...don't wake him up!!

SSweetleaf said:
Sounds interesting. When are you thinking about doing this? I have never ridden the Foothills. Is it like the Dale Balls? That Mean guy Makachut isn't coming is he?
Sat/Sun. Whatever! What is your schedule like? Never ridden Dale Balls. No pun intended, but from what I hear of them they are similar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
699 Posts
Hey now Tim...Dale Ball is a little steeper in sections but similar. I think you'll enjoy the foothills. I'll plan to ride with you guys...Sat works best for me. I'll email Bry and set up a rondevous.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dropin%Dug said:
Hey now Tim...Dale Ball is a little steeper in sections but similar. I think you'll enjoy the foothills. I'll plan to ride with you guys...Sat works best for me. I'll email Bry and set up a rondevous.
Steeper than poweline in the s.foothills? I thought we would hit that section for sure. Super techy steep climbs. They are short but one right after the other. I would like to get those out of the way and that would require starting at Comanche (my choice), Menaul, or Indian school. What do you think???? Starting at Comanche follow powerline drop down somewhere around Copper circumvent u-mound then head north. I know a couple of techy detours along the way too.
 

·
Thread Pollution
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
SSweetleaf said:
Sounds interesting. When are you thinking about doing this? I have never ridden the Foothills. Is it like the Dale Balls? That Mean guy Makachut isn't coming is he?
Why do you need a ride?:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
I'll put makachut back in my bike where he lives and be happy for that.Then only I can hear him .
Will cdaddy bring the lesson plan for the grammer section?
So for those interested in meeting Mahamakachut he may just make a guest appearance
and No feeding makachut unless you want him to go home with you
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
makachut said:
Why do you need a ride?:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
I'll put makachut back in my bike where he lives and be happy for that.Then only I can hear him .
Will cdaddy bring the lesson plan for the grammer section?
So for those interested in meeting Mahamakachut he may just make a guest appearance
and No feeding makachut unless you want him to go home with you
:drumroll: ....don't forget to lock up the women and children too!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Meeting Place

Einstein Bagels at Central and Tramway lets say 10ish. Exit I-40 South make a right on Central (the next light) and look to your left. Peace!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Count me in no 'restlin' needed Maha. See ya Tim or call to hook up for a commute, or to anyone. I can get 4 bikes on top. Just make sure U strap 'm down. I know Makachut I approve his messages. Preacher Hammerhead.:nono: :thumbsup:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Stefan said:
Count me in no 'restlin' needed Maha. See ya Tim or call to hook up for a commute, or to anyone. I can get 4 bikes on top. Just make sure U strap 'm down. I know Makachut I approve his messages. Preacher Hammerhead.:nono: :thumbsup:
Cool!!....I even know away through the sacred territory as we would not want to offend anyone by getting a little mudddy.....;)

MTBR Member said:
Avoid the north foothills I did a little recon in the north foothills today, very little as I turned back due to mud.

I would not recommend anyone head out there until we get many more warm days so the snow can melt and mud dry, or if it gets really cold again and everything freezes up.

I know all of this waiting is a drag but riding in the mud and destroying trails is bad karma. Stick to the south foothills for now, that area hasn't seen mud for a millennium.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
makachut said:
so we take exit 40 at the I ,make a right into the central lane ,then look to the left for the peace sign in a bagel that Einstein is holding.:ihih:
Sumpin' like that...except Central Ave. would be your first right as you exit I-40 West bearing southbound...then look for the peace sign in a bagel which Einstein is holding!!!:thumbsup:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oops....Metting Update

Einstein Bagels at Central and Tramway lets say 10ish. Exit I-40 At Tramway Blvd South make a right on Central (the next light) and look to your left. Peace! Guess that little detail was kinda important.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
699 Posts
Rode South foothills this afternoon and it's doable but wet. Should be OK by Saturday. North foothills is another story...it's a bog. My buddy rode it down to the South and he said it sucked big time.

We may want to do a bunch of loops in the South and then go check out the Maze. Might be the best bet.

http://abundantadventures.com/maze.html

Think about it...:skep:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dropin%Dug said:
Rode South foothills this afternoon and it's doable but wet. Should be OK by Saturday. North foothills is another story...it's a bog. My buddy rode it down to the South and he said it sucked big time.

We may want to do a bunch of loops in the South and then go check out the Maze. Might be the best bet.

http://abundantadventures.com/maze.html

Think about it...:skep:
I checked out The Maze a couple of weeks ago. My guess is that it will not be much better. I can't say that I am too fond of riding around in circles within one square mile and nothing to look at besides a constant reminder of the intrusion of big developers:madmax:
 

·
Bandolero
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
sounds like the north foothills may be a no go:madman: ...so i guess it will be tour de south foothills hu?:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
699 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
I checked out The Maze a couple of weeks ago. My guess is that it will not be much better. I can't say that I am too fond of riding around in circles within one square mile and nothing to look at besides a constant reminder of the intrusion of big developers:madmax:
Cool...I've never ridden it so I don't know what it's all about. Your description though gives me a mental picture....note term "mental"...:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
699 Posts
Yeah....maybe. We can venture up and if it's fwahked, we can always turn back.

Lead on BuddhaBoy!!!! :thumbsup:
 

·
Thread Pollution
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
Muddy
Rode from Comanche to I40 today and on the way back it was muddy
29" wheels had little problems compared to specializedman riding on the 26'' wheels
I'm slowly being converted to the 29" wheel school of thought .Now they need to bring down the cost of the tubes {8.50 a piece at IL Tony Ladros shop in SF}
Ladro, now that's Italian for ?
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top