Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use Kona touch-up paint? I have a small chip on my new Dawg Primo and was able to get touch-up paint from my LBS. I found the paint to be extremely thin & almost watery and the paint did not cover the chip at all. I just put an enquiry in to the store and Kona to see if the paint was defective and perhaps get some thicker stuff. Still waiting for an answer.

Would it be worthwhile to try and get a paint match through an autobody shop and get some automotive touch up paint thru them?

Cheers!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had the same thing. the paint is blue with a purple sheen in some light but the touch up paint went on like pink nail polish not paint. Maybe it need to be shaken for ages or something.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I tried shaking it like there was no tomorrow and it still didn't help. I even poured the paint out of the vial into a bowl hoping to get some thicker stuff that may have settled on the bottom but that didn't work either.

·
Registered
75 Posts
you have to stick a toothpick in there and shake that sucker up. i used the grey for my 06 coiler and it took forever to mix up and look the same shade of grey but finally after a long time shakin it was gooood...

·
Registered
538 Posts
dingleberry said:
Where do you get this touch up paint?
You sneak into Tweaker's house and it's in a little bowl. Just take what you need though please.

Otherwise it's in a little glass vial about 2" long with a white cap. Comes with every bike, even comes with a brush.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.