Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone besides me had problems with the Specialized touch-up paints? I ordered some for my 04 Stumpy in Dream Silver, but first they sent me Titanium Silver by mistake. I sent that back and recieved the right color, but when I put it on, it did not match at all! It was way darker than the original paint. The Ti Siver was a better match than the Dream Silver, and my bike is Dream!

·
gnuH
1,164 Posts
Paint

Where do you get the touch-up paint from? Can't find it on the Specialized website.

KR

·
Registered
3 Posts
touch up paint

The paint I ordered from Specialized did not match very well.

I ended up going to a local automotive paint supply store. The tech there was fairly interested in my bike. It was a 1994 Specialized M2 with a very cool metallic silver/green sort-of paint.

It took him a few minutes to custom mix the paint, but it was darn near perfect. I know he charged me less than 10.00 to do this. The bottle was huge for touch up paint. I think it was 2oz worth.

I have since gone back to the place for motorcycle paint and automotive touch ups. I am sure your city has someone who can do this for you!

·
Gravity Rides Everything
1,126 Posts
rcannon said:

I ended up going to a local automotive paint supply store. The tech there was fairly interested in my bike. It was a 1994 Specialized M2 with a very cool metallic silver/green sort-of paint.

It took him a few minutes to custom mix the paint, but it was darn near perfect. I know he charged me less than 10.00 to do this. The bottle was huge for touch up paint. I think it was 2oz worth.

I have since gone back to the place for motorcycle paint and automotive touch ups. I am sure your city has someone who can do this for you!
cool sounds like the way to go.... I've given up on touching up my bike though :rolleyes: too many rock impacts...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rcannon said:

yeah thanks!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
international

kiwirider said:
Where do you get the touch-up paint from? Can't find it on the Specialized website.

KR
Your're probably on the international site, right? well you're right, the paint is not there. on the US website there is a link below the side bar.

·
Registered
61 Posts
"ARGGG" - my bike

Touch up paint? Some shoe-goo or somethin else fierce like that. All those dings and chips add some serious character and impress the lady fans. Cover the exposed metal, but make sure people can still tell somethin scary happened, like a scar. You're bike should be lookin like a pirate that got into a bar fight, I mean come on, you ever hear of a cool pirate that didn't have a peg leg and a patch over one eye? The other pirates would have made fun of him. But the paint is on the website if you're a nice pirate with flowers instead of a hook-hand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts