Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is there no Totem U-turn?

I understand the 2-step was poo, but the u-turn stuff seems to work quite well.

I'd be all over a U-turn Totem.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Perhaps the Totem crossed the line where it'd be ridiculous to put it on. Like putting on travel adjust on an 888....oh wait. Yeah it doesn't make sense. I'd be a good idea to have a travel adjust option on any fork that would might not be pushed or shuttled to the top.

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
Even Zoke got rid of the ETA on the 66. ATA is not only heavy, complicated, and unreliable, it's not a replacement for ETA.

Has anyone measured the diameter of the Totem's spring? That could be a start on homebrew frankenforking.

As far as the 36 Van goes, I was hoping to get some info on the Lyrik U-Turn parts to make my own, but no one came through here when I asked. Some said no problem, then never heard from them again. This would be a great setup with the RC2 and hydraulic bottom out on the damper side. The fork would be unbeatable. To get this feel, I removed the IFP air in my TALAS. I still get travel adjust and an incredibly predictable and linear stroke throughout.

·
Commit or eat sh!t
2,394 Posts
Jerk_Chicken said:
As far as the 36 Van goes, I was hoping to get some info on the Lyrik U-Turn parts to make my own, but no one came through here when I asked. Some said no problem, then never heard from them again. This would be a great setup with the RC2 and hydraulic bottom out on the damper side. The fork would be unbeatable. To get this feel, I removed the IFP air in my TALAS. I still get travel adjust and an incredibly predictable and linear stroke throughout.
Man, if you can get this to work, I would be all over it. U-turn spring setup into Van 36 would rock. The only manuals I know are at the SRAM website, the first one which shows all the parts:

http://www.sram.com/en/service/rockshox/view.php?catID=5&subcatID=3

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Jerk_Chicken said:
I need dimensions. Never got any. I can see the top cap as being the biggest problem over an alternate spring.
PM me with the info you need. I have a spare Lyric spring assembly sitting in the garge I can take the callipers to if you want.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Bikinfoolferlife said:
Or you could say they're solutions to a problem many don't think exists...
I couldn't agree more! All these travel reduction things and Mission Control lock out crap don't seem to make any of my bikes climb better. All it does is make the forks heavier and less reliable.

·
Registered
101 Posts
myarmisonfire said:
I couldn't agree more! All these travel reduction things and Mission Control lock out crap don't seem to make any of my bikes climb better. All it does is make the forks heavier and less reliable.
Sort of...I like the travel adjust to allow a variety of different head angles and stuff. I am a fan of u-turn. Not 2-step as much. I would never stop riding to adjust travel for a little climb, but it does help with the longer stuff. Less energy spent up=more energy available for going down.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.