Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just refitted the damper unit to the forks having checked the oil levels, theres now oil weeping out from under the blue HS compression adjuster when you work the forks - what have I done wrong?

Could the fact I forgot to check the floodgate was open before refitting have blown some seals?

Any more detailed instructions about on this process the SRAM site is a bit simplified?

Thanks

·
Registered
970 Posts
Any solution to this issue?

Mine started leaking a couple rides back. The fork is fairly new.

I see two seals/o-rings and I know there is a third that I can't figure out how to get too. I checked the gate (small oring on the gold needle) and low speed seals (larger oring on the silver assemply) and replaced the low speed seal with a tighter o-ring, as the other had a bit of slop. The one for the highspeed I can't get too, as I'm unsure how to disassemble it.

Here is hoping my issue is with the low speed assembly. If not....warranty. Might upgrade to solo air while I'm at it.

Let me know how you fixed yours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.