Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
G

·
I've had one for 4 months and love it, went to the yellow(firm) spring. the stock is a bit soft if your over 150lbs

·
I Welcome All
424 Posts
while i was watching a couple people go through a rock garden on one i was amazed at how active and plush it looked, with the mission controll dampening, all of the new RS forks are supposed to be the sh!t. the other main benefits i could think of were:
1) they look frickin incredible with the 40mm stantions
2)they are single crown
3)maxle

if i didnt help that much try this http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/2007_forks/product_128158.shtml

·
Old No. 7
1,453 Posts
While I'm sure it's a great fork, beware of the first year production stuff, I think their may be some bugs to work out still.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
fred.r said:
While I'm sure it's a great fork, beware of the first year production stuff, I think their may be some bugs to work out still.
This statement couldn't be more true. That being said, one of my best friends had rockshox send him one for free to ride, and he is loving it.

·
dontcha?
1,433 Posts
fred.r said:

Yeah the problems seem to be with the two-step so if you're looking at the coil version you shouldn't have to worry about that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've got Totem 2 Step Airs on my VP-Free and they are superb. Although I did buy mine direct from TF Tuned Shox (uk suspension tuners) who gave them a 'once over' before I even mounted on the bike.

The feel great, plush, stiff and the 2 step and mission control work a treat !

I 100% recommened them.

Enjoy,
Rich

·
Bum Buzzer
1,991 Posts
why do people pluralize fork?

those are not totem 2 step airs

You have been running yout totem coil (no S) for 3 months now.

Only out-tarded by people who talk about having a PAIR of forkS

--

Sure someone will shiz on me for nit-picking -- but why cant people speak their own language? you dont have Shivers, 40s, 888s, etc...

If you're not 14 - stop it! And if you are 14 - you are on the path to stupidity (Although you could already be there, who knows...)

Hate me or love me - just shut up with the fekkin plurals.

·
Registered
63 Posts
on drops?

I have a '05 Kingfisher 2 which came with a pretty bad manitou stance fork (180mm). I have been looking at single crowns to get in a while and focusing on the totem. I know they are super plush but I was wondering how they handle drops and jumps (if they max out easily or if you have to worry about your fork not being good enough to handle a drop your about to do)

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
I'm loving my Totem coil. I came off an 06 Boxxer Team that I loved as well. The Totem feels really similar damping wise but it rides a little higher in the travel and handles drops better than the Boxxer.

Mine has started to leak a bit of oil from around the rebound knob so we'll see how that works out.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
I've been rocking my TOTEMS for a while now. These FORKS are totally sickgnar, anyone that doesn't have THEM doesn't know what's up. THEY are soooooooooo plush...

·
Cheesiest
1,612 Posts
Dusty Bottoms-

Any more shots of that bike? That is the most shiznit setup I've seen this year.

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
Dusty Bottoms said:
I've been rocking my TOTEMS for a while now. These FORKS are totally sickgnar, anyone that doesn't have THEM doesn't know what's up. THEY are soooooooooo plush...

wow... THAT fork looks pretty sweet. I can't see the other one though, must be a bad angle.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I won't be able to give a definitive review given that snow has been thumping on us the past few. But initial impression is a good one. I have the coil on my as-x .. i've ridden a coil on a nomad (although a bit raked) it felt good.

IF any of you totem owners don't want your RockShox logo stickers on the yellow page in the sticker pack, PM me, I asked sram for some more. They were nice enough to send me some but they neglected to send me the only page i needed. I'm willing to send a self addressed and stamped envelope your way to make things super easy!!!
my buddy adam has the 2-step.. or should i say, he's had two, 2-steps. He is having problems w/ it losing travel ... other than that one w/ the busted stanchion ... they seem pretty solid.

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
free-rider_down-hiller said:
Yay im going to post the one picture of practically the only broken totem out there so everyone can say its the worst fork of all time,it should be recalled and no one should buy them......so here goes...
Holy crap! That's ridiculous. I'd love to hear the story behind that bad boy.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts