Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys what do you think? i have a brand new demo 7 with the totem coil on it. i just got back from northstar and put two full days of hard riding on it. The fork started to make a sucking noise by the end of day two, and there is dirt gummed up around the seals, and extra oil on the stanchions. Is this normal or should i send it in to get checked.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Clean the dirt off, keep riding, and see if the oil leak gets any worse. Most Totems I've seen, including mine, weep a little oil out of the seals. If it turns into a gush you have a problem. The Totem's make a sucking noise as oil is traveling through the valves. I'm not sure if this is what you are describing, because you would have heard it right away.

·
NEWBIE WAN KENOBI
357 Posts
ive also experienced some leaking on my totem, but it was coming from the rebound knob on the bottom.

i was setting up my totem then all of a sudden my high speed knob locked and i could'nt turn it back then my totem started to leak oil from the bottom, it started as little drops and then all of a sudden it was making a puddle on the ground.

so i brought it to my friend's house that same day and had him looked at it, it was so bad that he had to force the high speed knob backward real hard to get it to turn the way it was. when that was happening the oil gushed even more from the bottom rebound knob at that moment i thought my totem was trashed.

so after all that my friend decided to disassemble the fork to see it there was any damges inside, luckily there wasnt any damage internaly.

leaking oil, fork flexing, sucking noise, knobs locking are all common problems with the 07 totem. but once you get it fixed it's gonna be all gravyy..

by the way the air version are even worst so dont feel bad, alot of 07 totem owner end up converting from air to coil coz it less problem to worry about.

just ride it more, then if it gets worst then send it back.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Since replacing the stock seals with Enduros I'm 4 months in with no problems - used to be after 2 weeks on the stock seals I would have a lot of oil on the stanchions.

Only other problem I have had is the creaky CSU problem which was fixed under warranty.

All-in-all I really like the fork.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.