Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I recently got into mountain biking (a year or so ago) and I discovered that I really like going fast downhills. Who would have thought? Anyways, in all honesty I don't really know all that much about DH bikes and am feeling like a fish out of water. I was looking at getting a 2010 Giant Faith 1 or a 2009 Glory. I don't really expect to be hucking huge airs or back flipping, so I'm not quite sure if one bike suits my needs over the other. I'm just looking for something that I can haul ass down Big Bear on and get some pucker factor going. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,972 Posts
you will find the tire you love to personal taste....try mimion dhr "F" or magic marys, chunders to start
.....Big Bear is loose terrain

·
Slap happy crappiness
1,090 Posts
First word of advice to a noob is completely ignore everything Shiver Me Timbers says, he's constantly drunk and a "mimion dhr 'F'" isn't a real tire anyways.
Second, both those bikes will be fine for Big Bear. The Faith will be more freeride oriented while the Glory is more geared for DH. If just going fast is your main interest I'd recommend the Glory.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
if you can find a 2010 or newer Glory, I'd say get that. The 2010 got the new frame design that they use today, and it dropped a lot of weight. A lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts