Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I rode a FS for the first time on the same trails that I had been riding on my Trek hardtail. What a difference, the first time out I was a bit tentative to see how the bike would handle and how to use the bike. And then the second and third trips out just kept getting better and better. I could climb the steepest parts in the first go where I had really struggled with my HT. God it was fun.

So I am borrowing a Turner 5 Spot which is a terrific bike, if a little too big for me. I'm thinking of buying a Yeti 575. Any thoughts on the Yeti or FS for a newbie?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Bendette said:
Today I rode a FS for the first time on the same trails that I had been riding on my Trek hardtail. What a difference, the first time out I was a bit tentative to see how the bike would handle and how to use the bike. And then the second and third trips out just kept getting better and better. I could climb the steepest parts in the first go where I had really struggled with my HT. God it was fun.

So I am borrowing a Turner 5 Spot which is a terrific bike, if a little too big for me. I'm thinking of buying a Yeti 575. Any thoughts on the Yeti or FS for a newbie?
Make sure it fits. That is the most important thing.

Yeti makes good bikes so if it fits go for it. I would suggest you try a few other brands, at least for comparison sake. Each bike brand is a little bit different.

Rita :)

·
Registered
388 Posts
I second that!

Try as many bikes as you can get your hands on, though I imagine that's easier to say than do in Kodiak. I rode a Titus Racer-X, a Santa Cruz Juliana, and a Trek Fuel before I decided on the Racer-X. (I also tried a Yeti and a Mini-Truth, but both were too big for me in the smallest size available.) I liked both the Racer-X and the Juliana, but wasn't very impressed with the Fuel.

As for fit, it's really hard to know exactly what's right for you until you have a lot of experience, which I'm inferring you don't since you call yourself a newbie. However, a good bike shop will be able to give you some guidance.

Good luck, and ask more questions as you come up with them!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.